Which do YOU prefer? Receivers/Integrateds/Seperates

• Receivers

Votes: 44 28.9%
  • Integrateds

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Seperates

Votes: 83 54.6%

• Total voters
I honestly, truly, don't believe they sound any different.

The advantage of a receiver is the all-in-one space saving aspect.

The advantage of separates is the ability to mix & match tuners, pre's, amps, etc.

Integrateds fit in the middle.

Whatever floats your boat.

My vote goes for receivers. Only because that is what I find the most. I really like them all. Especially tooooobs.

Seperates for the cool factor and ability to change incrementally. Case in point, replaced my Citation Nineteen with a Citation sixteen.

Most of the time, I use my 730 receiver, though (listening while on the PC).

I like them both. I enjoy separates for the main listening rooms and receivers spread throughout the house, one in every room. Both have their charm.
Vito

After having receivers for almost 30 years and only being able to get precisely the performance level at the prices I was willing to pay via an integrated amp and a tuna, it's "integrated" that now gets my personal vote for the most bang for the buck for the heart of my system.
Tom

I started mostly with receivers as that's what showed up in thrifts most often. Lately I've been down sizing the large receivers in favor of a separates system. I just needed to change things around and I do think the flexibility and reliability of separates is better. The TOTL receivers are nice in function and do deliver a lot of bang for the buck, but they sure have a lot of stuff crammed inside their case and they sure can be a challenge to work on in such a dense environment. Separates seem to have room to space out the parts and are way easier to work on.

Lefty

Integrated for me. I have no use whatsoever for a tuner. Although I do listen to siruis which has it's own "tuner."

My main and only system from 1983 thru 1998 was a receiver based setup. But after having the chance and money to put together a seperate system thats my vote. Seperates are just too cool, you can add and/or delete pieces as you see fit. If you don't want a tuna you won't have one you know. There not for eveyone as they do tend to take up more space and cost more.
I have all three- receivers, intergrated and seperates but the latter suits my fancy. More power more options more diversity and variety. The plus side you don't have to stay with same company continuity, you can mix it up if you want. Sansui with Marantz etc......

Back
Top Bottom