Recent latency and outages

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Let me thank each and everyone of you for your patience while we dealt with a rough weekend on the server side here. We should be back to normal daily business now. Rest assured we get this is your home away from home and are looking at our options to minimize interruptions like this. We will be conferencing with the server company and looking at servers, memory, processing and such, to continue our growth and secure our site for an even better member experience here on Audiokarma.

Thanks L for all your hard work and diligence with this. (Of course these things always happen on weekends too, right?)
I guarantee you this, many on here really missed being able to get their AK over the weekend. great reminder of how much we all enjoy it.

I appreciate the effort but it appears that my most recent sales ad in Media BST disappeared as well as all messages prior to the shutdown so I do not know what was sold and who bought because there is no message from them and no post to reference

EDIT this is not meant in disrespect, just an observation. Just wanted to clarify that because when I type I tend to try to be economical LOL

Yeah, when your computer is effe'd up and your in safe mode, heck yeah you go back to the last working version and stuff disappears, no different on a internet forum, software is software

Last edited:
Ditto to NWinds. Can't see any posts made by me or participated in by me. It's hit or miss. When I go to Profile, Postings and I got nothing there. BTW - thanks for the hard work here.

Was wondering what happened. I note that I cannot find content via the CP, but some stuff is still there, however it seems the last 3-4 days are a ghost?

lose some nodes or did 2 people with delete authority get in at the same time?

Search function issues ? Not coming up with any results.

Had a couple PM conversations I also resent this morning. Hope they go through this time.

Last edited:
Looks like, for all your hard work, there are still gremlins in the database. At least, the search function is not showing any results prior to reboot (accessed either through 'your content' under user profile, or via the search facility).

The last message in my PM inbox was from the 16th, I had many more others, some fairly important that are missing but I suppose there is not much that can be done about it now as well as missing postings. Reminds me of when you roll your PC back to last proper operating state, everything after that date disappears

Looks like, for all your hard work, there are still gremlins in the database. At least, the search function is not showing any results prior to reboot (accessed either through 'your content' under user profile, or via the search facility).
if the databse works as I think it does, a lot of the stored history is in core tables on the server or in essentially page/spool packs, im pretty sure oracle is not used as the engine, or if it is, no later than 10g?

what is the stated or SLA RPO/RTO level from the provider/hoster etc

The last message in my PM inbox was from the 16th, I had many more others, some fairly important that are missing but I suppose there is not much that can be done about it now as well as missing postings. Reminds me of when you roll your PC back to last proper operating state, everything after that date disappears

All incoming PM's I receive also are setup to come to my email inbox so I still have them there to reference to.
Very handy in this instance.

Bob

Thanks Luther for all your hard work. I knew when I seen the site acting up and then off line for this long you must of had a major disruption in your life getting us running again. We do appreciate it and are indebted to you. The site seems to be moving fast now, but probably don't have a lot of members on it yet.

Let me thank each and everyone of you for your patience while we dealt with a rough weekend on the server side here. We should be back to normal daily business now.

When I go to Profile, Postings and I got nothing there.

There was a backup restoration, that caused the loss of some posts. This was unavoidable. Sorry.

For Ernie and Luther so you know what I see on my end and like Mike & Ron.

It looks like we rolled back to Thursday 16th.
I have my conversations at least to that point.

I have no searchable postings and this one will look like the only one I'v ever made on the site. Clicking on my post count number or going to my profile page shows nothing.

This also means I can't scroll to the bottom of the posting list and have the links...All post made by 4-2-7 or All threads started by 4-2-7. After this post I'll see if a link come up and if my threads started by show up.

I also have no searchable Alerts.

I have no searchable Post by 4-2-7
I have no searchable Threads by 4-2-7

I hope this helps you all figure out the bugs, and I hope we get all our info back at some point.

@Wardsweb and the rest of the technical crew @ AK,

Y'all are the best, Luther & Co. Thanks for taking the time necessary in getting things here straightened out. I'm sure a few of the membership, whether or not they actually realized (or appreciated) it, may have in fact benefited from a (brief) break from these boards.

Thanks again for all the hard work, can’t tell you how much it’s appreciated!! Let us know when it’s a good time to kick in a few extra bucks, don’t want to overwhelm you with that right now as I know you’ve got a lot on your plate.

Back
Top Bottom