Recommend someone to restore my CA-1010?

gushtone

Hi all,

Despite many searches I did not find a good answer to this question, so I am posing it here. Apologies if I missed the obvious (user error... :)

I have a lovely Yamaha CA-1010 that I would like to have recapped/restored e.g. given the old once over. Can anyone recommend someone? I would prefer local to Philly but am comfortable to ship as I have shipped many, many vintage and boutique guitar amps around the country and know how to pack things right. But obviously, with this beast the weight alone will cost a pretty penny, so East coast or Midwest would be preferred if I have to ship.

Anyway, happy to have a couple of recommendations, including any skilled AK members who might do this on the side for $.

Also, I like to know if you know anything about turnaround times on repairs, with the understanding that a full recap/restore could take some time.

Thanks in advance! And again, if I missed the obvious you have my apologies. Have a great day.

Peace...

Hi, not sure if you are still looking but I just sent my C-60 preamp to Tap Electronics in CA to be recapped. They are the factory repair place for the west coast, they work on old stuff too! I got their number off the Yamaha website. Yamaha might know someone in your area

Back
Top Bottom