Recommendation for supplier of foam surrounds

rebelliondog

I wsa just stepping in here to get some recommendations for where to buy foam surrounds for some speaker repairs I want to do.

Anyone have any preferences for this?

Agree on Rick Cobb for the correct surrounds for high quality speakers that require specific surrounds. For generic surrounds for run of the mill speakers, Bootapest2 on eBay is a good seller

Also: I've tried the Simply Speakers glue but after doing a few pairs I prefer Aleene's tacky glue.

it holds up well? What is better about it? I think my wife has the gold bottle kind, if not we hit craft stores often.

I just bought a set from Simply Speakers (Loneytoon2001 was out of the size I needed). I can't speak to the longevity, but I liked the glue and the surrounds. Install was easy and the glue setup pretty quickly. Of course, I live in Arizona so everything dries fast. They stated 15 minutes or so, for me it took about 5. It comes with the kit, so you don't have to buy it separately.

Rick Cobb - looneytune2001 on a certain auction site. Bought from him a couple times.

It is ok to say EBAY.
You just can't post links to live EBAY listings anywhere except the Dollars and Sense section.

OMG what a relief! I thought I'd be banished!
Is it also ok to say "score" or must it be scroe?
A glossary of AK-lish would be helpful.

Due to confusion about the use of of the word EBAY on AK I thought I'd point it out because many people tip toe around it.
"That auction website" or "name ryhmes with fleahay" etc...

Heck, I did it myself for my first year or two here.
Links to active auctions on
EBAY are only allowed in Dollars and Sense.

Scroe! (note the exclamation point, very important, I'd hate to see you banned for not using it properly) should be used in one of two situations:
1. A seriously low price paid for a desirable piece of gear.
2. An honest typo because of the desire to quickly post what a great buy you got.

Back
Top Bottom