Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

After initially starting this project about 4 months ago, and working on it when I had some spare time (and dealing with a few mistakes), I have finally finished my pair of cabinets :banana:

Used the Kreg kit and screws for assembly. Painted them with an onyx black paint and water based stain on the inside bins. I still have to add some type of lighting. I still could use one more or maybe make the 3 bin version at some point.
I like the Commander Cody LP!

I like the Commander Cody LP!

Thanks dobyman! I picked that up several years ago in a clearance section for $1.00. I almost didn't get it but I went back and grabbed it because I really thought the cover was cool.

This week, I built a little 45 bin, which was inspired by the "one-sheet" design. I managed to build the entire thing out of renovation offcuts left behind by our contractors, using tools I had lying around the house.

UIzK5-QRcTVYt3u_sqLBTzMrXm2PHSXcoIMR2BD7Dww.jpg

Out of my 2 x 4 Kallax units I only have @ 1-1/2 cubes left so I'm contemplating replacing the space taken up by one of them with two of these, essentially doubling the amount of records I can store in the space. I recently finished some custom birch-ply CD shelving so it'd match nicely as well.

To those that've used the Kreg jig - are you just buying the Kreg Jig Mini for $22 and then some specialty screws or a different Kreg model altogether?

Out of my 2 x 4 Kallax units I only have @ 1-1/2 cubes left so I'm contemplating replacing the space taken up by one of them with two of these, essentially doubling the amount of records I can store in the space. I recently finished some custom birch-ply CD shelving so it'd match nicely as well.

To those that've used the Kreg jig - are you just buying the Kreg Jig Mini for $22 and then some specialty screws or a different Kreg model altogether?

The mini jig is harder to keep in place due to it's size. Also, the standard pocket hole jig will save you some time, as you can drill 2 holes per clamping. I used this model.
https://m.lowes.com/pd/Kreg-Pocket-...ZAbHHb5IIGKoyP5CD8TbH7KXWitB1NqQaAprlEALw_wcB

Very nice plans. My record collection is not big so I have to see if I can scale them down to just one column of records.

You are going about solving the problem from the wrong direction. What you need to do is build directly from the plan and then get more records! See how that works? :thumbsup::biggrin:
I hear you. Believe me, I could quickly expand my collection by tripling it since my friend is getting rid of all his records but the problem is space. I have to share the man cave with kids so besides my stereo, speakers and records we have racing simulator, arcade machine, darts and other stuff. All in one basement room.

Back
Top Bottom