Recording from TV apps from streaming and whatnot

canton

I like to record my sports shows from the apps and whatnot that I have on TV but it seems you cant just record onto disc anymore while using a cable set up. So what is the device or set up that I would need so my sports shows are not only saved on a cable box. I would like to make copies(DVDs) of certain shows also to pass on to people. Is it a matter of me not knowing how to hook up a DVD reocorder correctly or is it a new device I should look into.
Canton

First of all, what you're proposing is totally illegal.

HDMI is the only hardware/software manufacturers present for HD. HDMI is designed to be as copy proof as possible.

If you can find some hardware and software that allows you to copy HD programming good for you. Just be very careful about implementing such, especially if you plan on sharing such recordings.

Well I thought it was totally leagal to make a copy of anything as long as you didnt use it to sell or profit from. Or on a more secure level everyone is allowed one copy of anything they paid for. It was like that and then some using DVD recording, VHS recording cassette recording, and so forth. Not attacking you just the principle that now we cannot be allowed to record something we paid for. Could you point me in any direction of when this started and so on. Computer sites? Books I do not know how much info you have or rather knowledge but to be informed that what I intent to do is illeagal is a big statement. Once again you are passing on information to me and I appreciate that. I saw on a boxing site that a man a professional talked about burning copies of fights.
Thanks for your information
Money control what a joke. I did not know it went this deep
Canton

You can legally make copies of anything you legally own as long as you keep them for yourself. You are not allowed to distribute them to anyone. This applies to audio and video.

Well that works then on the legal side as I want to keep a library of the fights I watch. But as you said there is no way to record them thru HDMI correct? Believe that is what you told me. Still if it is an issue with me it is an issue with millions and maybe someone has a recorder that does the trick. Thanks for kicking it around no matter what. Who knows maybe there is something that transferes it to a box that allows me keep just the cards that i want I will poke around some.
Canton

No where did I say you couldn't record an HD signal. I said the studios and TV folks have made it as difficult as possible.

Cable companies offer DVR's. However, usually you can't download the signal and watch it sourced from a local source.

DVR's are typically not a box you have at home. That's why I said you can't watch recorded HD TV (from cable) from a local (in your house) source. There are in home DVR's that work from OTA TV signals. AFAIK they don't work with an HDMI input. However, they have an HDMI output.

Back
Top Bottom