Red Table Wine suggestions

Try GatoNegro Cabernet Sauvignon, Wyndham Est BIN 555 & 444, Costco red's (anyone) Narly Head double black, 1924.
Josh Cellars & Bota box will surprise you.

Narly Head double black, 1924.

Gnarly Head wine is made by Delicato Winery in Manteca, about 7 miles from here. The Zinfandel grapes that I used to make my Sisters Joens wine go to Delicato. (My late mother used to play Bridge with the wife of one of the owners).

Gnarly Head wine is made by Delicato Winery in Manteca, about 7 miles from here. The Zinfandel grapes that I used to make my Sisters Joens wine go to Delicato. (My late mother used to play Bridge with the wife of one of the owners).
Usedto, It's a small world we live in...... I really enjoy 1924 but, up here in Ohio it's hard to come by so it's one of those, you see it, better buy it things.

To get an idea of what you like and dislike, you're going to need to bring home multiple bottles. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, you'll be able to find quite a few in the $8 - $13 range. Avoid the temptation to grab the $5 bottles! Have fun trying different wines.

To get an idea of what you like and dislike, you're going to need to bring home multiple bottles. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, you'll be able to find quite a few in the $8 - $13 range. Avoid the temptation to grab the $5 bottles! Have fun trying different wines.

Isn't "Two Buck Chuck" a regular item at Trader Joe's?

Usedto, It's a small world we live in...... I really enjoy 1924 but, up here in Ohio it's hard to come by so it's one of those, you see it, better buy it things.

It gets even smaller. Read on....

Isn't "Two Buck Chuck" a regular item at Trader Joe's?

Two Buck Chuck was the brainchild of Bronco Winery in Ceres. They bought out the Charles Shaw label and marketed a cheap win through Trader Joe's.

Bronco winery is owned by Fred Franzia - part of Franzia winery until Coca Cola bought it out in 1973. Fred is also a nephew of Ernest Gallo of Gallo winery. Another side note - my late mother also played Bridge with Fred's mother. Our family's grapes (except the Lodi property) go to Bronco Winery.

It gets even smaller. Read on....

Two Buck Chuck was the brainchild of Bronco Winery in Ceres. They bought out the Charles Shaw label and marketed a cheap win through Trader Joe's.

Bronco winery is owned by Fred Franzia - part of Franzia winery until Coca Cola bought it out in 1973. Fred is also a nephew of Ernest Gallo of Gallo winery. Another side note - my late mother also played Bridge with Fred's mother. Our family's grapes (except the Lodi property) go to Bronco Winery.

Thanks for the history... except for the part about the "family grapes."

:)

JCamero, here is an old thread which has plenty of good suggestions for names & labels of good quality wines for not a lot of dough: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/reasonably-priced-wines.260035/
If you are looking to try some "softer" reds such as a Pinot Noir, here are two California Pinots worth trying, Mark West Pinot Noir, is readily available for under $10, and for a nice bottle just over $10 look for Wyatt. very nice for the dough.

Don't they make valves for airplanes?

DON'T tell my business boy, I was checking the luggage ~Fletch~

Different company.....

Northern California HWY 101 (Redwood Highway) take the 175 stay to the left...Old Hopland. One of the most beautiful parts of the West Coast even for people from the Rocky Mountains and inexpensive motels can be had because It's far enough north of the infamous Nappa-Sonoma Valley, so if you ever want to do wine tasting right.....it's there for the taking for a pitence of a price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom