Regarding Onkyo TX-SV909PRO

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by rubbersandal, Jul 6, 2009.

1. rubbersandal

rubbersandal New Member

Hi guys, I just acquired this Onkyo TX-SV909PRO AV amp, I hooked up with a 5.1 system with a dvd player.

My question is when I turned on the surround mode there is no audio producin in any of my 5 speakers.

What am I missing here? Each of the surround mode I selected dosent seem to work.

As I do not have the original manual and remote control I do not know what are other setup options.

Only when I turned off the surround mode I only get the audio through my front 2 speakers which is normal right?.

I know its a old amp but if you guys have ever owned or experienced with this amp before please tell me what are the proper steps

to turn on the surround mode. I'll appreicate any of your reply, thanks.

2. terra1

terra1 Addicted Member

First it is technically not a 5.1 digital surround receiver.

It does have 7 channels though, but it uses Dolby Pro-Logic not the discrete 5 channel.1 processes that came along later. Besides the normal 5, it has two extra front enhance speaker channels and of course subwoofer.

When you cycle through surround processes with the Surround Mode and you have at least the five speakers attached, you should have surround effect with Hall, Jazz, Ambisonic, etc.

If you hook it up to a TV monitor it should show an on screen display of all the individual settings you adjust with the remote.

On the remote there is a volume control for the rear speakers which I don't recall seeing on the drop down door with all the controls. But you may be able to adjust by using the parameter buttons on the drop down control door, but I'm not sure.

The official remote for the 909Pro is rare.

The remote for the 717? the RC-288M will work for most functions including time delay and rear/center speakers. Missing is front enhance speaker control.

I downloaded the owner manual online somewhere. I will try to locate it later or send you a copy as an email attachment later.

I believe retailed over about $2000. Great for music and theater imho.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  3. terra1

terra1 Addicted Member

ok here's a link to the owner manual.
    http://63.148.251.135/redirect_service.cfm?type=own_manuals&file=TXVS909PROom.pdf

got this from Onkyo site under their download center for Receivers.

Maybe check your connections that you don't have rear speakers connected to Remote terminals instead of the Rear speakers. You would be using your Main inputs instead and your buttons would should be selected for Main on the display. So try making sure Remote speakers is not selected if it shows it On in the display.

And here's a link to an Ambisonics FAQ:
    http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/Ambisonic/faq_latest.pdf

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009