Rek-O-Kut Turntables - ROK

jcmjrt

Addicted Member
I don't know of any one site that has lots of ROK info. The tables that they made are good and I think more people might avail themselves of them if there was more info available. I've collected a little bit of info and will try to get the ball rolling. If you have interest/info/pics then post 'em up.

Attachments

• Rek-O-Kut-5.jpg
    Rek-O-Kut-5.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Rek-O-Kut-9.jpg
    Rek-O-Kut-9.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,926
  • Rek-O-Kut-10.jpg
    Rek-O-Kut-10.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,569
  • Rek-O-Kut-11.jpg
    Rek-O-Kut-11.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Rek-O-Kut-12.jpg
    Rek-O-Kut-12.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,914
Great page, Mario! If you run across any other good info/ads/replinth pics send 'em this way.

Great page, Mario! If you run across any other good info/ads/replinth pics send 'em this way.

Joyce,
There are a couple of eager to share type ROK fans on the Vinyl forum at Audio Asylum.
I'm sure they'd love to assisst. :yes: :thmbsp:

I have stated before that ROK's are among the best bargins in vintage players. I love my B-12H. The only problem with this thread is once the word gets out prices will only go up.

I'd like to get one of these but do not know where to begin.

I found mine on the infamous auction site. Other good places - craigslist.org and local estate sales.

Joyce,
There are a couple of eager to share type ROK fans on the Vinyl forum at Audio Asylum.
I'm sure they'd love to assisst. :yes: :thmbsp:

I may have wander over and see what I can stir up over there.

I have stated before that ROK's are among the best bargins in vintage players. I love my B-12H. The only problem with this thread is once the word gets out prices will only go up.

I agree. I just got a scan of a catalog that has prices for some Thorens including the TD-124 and some ROKs. The TD-124 was 99.95 and the ROK B-12H was 129.95! That was a lot of money and a big difference in price. I knew the B-12H looked very well built but had no idea it was 30% more than a TD-124! Now my problem could be getting this resized so I can post it.

I had a K33H TT some years back, built like a tank and since I don't have any 45s the single speed was no problem, just the sheer size.

I just got a scan of a catalog that has prices for some Thorens including the TD-124 and some ROKs. The TD-124 was 99.95 and the ROK B-12H was 129.95! That was a lot of money and a big difference in price. I knew the B-12H looked very well built but had no idea it was 30% more than a TD-124! Now my problem could be getting this resized so I can post it.

I would love to see that. If and when you get that scaned please post it.

I have been eyeing the Garrard 301's to round out my collection but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

Justen, has anyone ever told you your avatar looks alot like NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson's J on his sig.And you live in NC are you really Jimmy?
20 goes into 48 a hella'v alot more than 48 goes into 20!!

Justen, has anyone ever told you your avatar looks alot like NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson's J on his sig.And you live in NC are you really Jimmy?
20 goes into 48 a hella'v alot more than 48 goes into 20!!

I'm not Jimmy. But I have met him several times.

ROK data

jcmjrt perhaps I can take another look for further information on the ROK,s

I believe after you posted those great looking pic,s of yours, I did manage to

come up with a parts list and a few other details that were forwarded to you.

What about an AK sticky in regards to the parts lists, models, and other of the

day information?

If we can get a few more items up, I'd like to make it a sticky to collect posts on ROKs. I have a couple of other pics/info but am not savvy about resizing to fit AK size limits.

If we can get a few more items up, I'd like to make it a sticky to collect posts on ROKs. I have a couple of other pics/info but am not savvy about resizing to fit AK size limits.

If you want to email the images I have Photoshop and can take care of the sizing issues. :thmbsp:

Here are scans for the Rondine 34 & 37

I've got the set up instructions for the weird Pickering arm I have as well, though I doubt there's much demand for that.

Attachments

• ROK34a.jpg
    ROK34a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 285
  • ROK34b.jpg
    ROK34b.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 298
  • ROK34c.jpg
    ROK34c.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 397
  • ROK34d.jpg
    ROK34d.jpg