Repair TEAC A 3440 from the NW Ohio Area

C J Brown

I have a nice Teac A 3440 that has served me well for about 15 years. It was totally refurbished when purchased. Recently developed mechanical and audio issues. I am looking for repairs and a general going over. I need help finding a reputable dealer/shop for repair in the Toledo OH area.

I have a nice Teac A 3440 that has served me well for about 15 years. It was totally refurbished when purchased. Recently developed mechanical and audio issues. I am looking for repairs and a general going over. I need help finding a reputable dealer/shop for repair in the Toledo OH area.
After more than two weeks I presume that no one is available in NW Ohio.
So I will expand the universe - can anyone recommend any good mail order reel to reel service in the greater 48?
Also any comments about a regular eBay seller from Wichita Kansas

Russ Bachmann (New Jersey Factory Service) and Sam Palermo were previously members of the Teac US service group and have years of experience working on R2Rs. Sam has serviced several of my R2Rs and I am very pleased with his work. Both of them are frequently recommended on the Tapeheads website. Here is a thread where some customers describe their experiences with Russ:

http://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=48134

Thanks for all the help. At least I have somewhere to start. Plus it looks like I have a few competent places to choose from. Russ in NJ or Sam in Chicago are leading the pack for me now. Chicago would be a likely winner as I can do the drive and avoid shipping dangers

You should check with Sam to see what his current backlog is and how long it will be before he can work on your unit. He usually has quite a few units awaiting his attention.

I have reached out contact Sam P near O'Hare in Chicago. I am waiting to hear back from him.

Also can anyone comment on a Bernie (sorry no last name) who does repairs in the Schaumburg, Illinois area - very near Sam?

Back
Top Bottom