Reputable service techs in your state.

Greater Puget Sound Area in Washington State

I'll add John Ledbetter of Norhtwest Audio Service

7614 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
206-728-0369

John is a great resource for those here in the PNW. I've used his services when time did not allow my personal attention. :thmbsp:

Regards,
TB

Thank you all I'll keep updating as they come in on the first couple of posts as to keep them handy for everyone.

Saratoga48- thanks for links I actually live in Glens Falls.

No Problem, I do my own work, but have been in both places looking at gear. Dalbec has some amazing speaker systems under their own brand name, from living room size to, I think they did the system at the EGG at the State Capital.

In East Tennessee, we have:

Terry DeWick/ DeWick Repairs in Knoxville
db Electronics (Russell Hall is their owner and technician) in Knoxville
Watkins Stereo in Kingsport
College Hi-Fi Stereo in Chattanooga
The Sound Room in Johnson City
NakDoc in Nashville (Middle Tennessee)

We're not too bad off here.

Speakerworks in Tulsa, OK is great. David Miller, the owner, does terrific work on all types of speakers. Paul, the main service tech, is a master on amps, receivers, etc., and has a real passion for his work.

http://speakerworkstulsa.com/

Also, there are times when I'm out driving around that I'll just stop by to talk to David about all things vintage and to stare in awe at his vast collection of Marantz, Pioneer and McIntosh gear. It's crazy how many great pieces he has.

Very Cool, Glad to hear so many really good personal experiences.

Please keep them comming I'd like to see every state represented.

Plenty people here can tell you Avionic is 'the bomb' -- quality work and inventive too at very reasonable rates.

For those near CLEVELAND - OHIO

Service tech JASON at PLAY IT AGAIN SAM in Lakewood,OH (suburb next to Cleveland) knows his stuff - would highly recommend!!

In San Diego, CA, AK's own Fred Longworth at Classic Audio Repair

In Silicon Valley, Sounds Unique, San Jose (ask for Mickey)

In Mississippi would be John Upchurch of Upchurch Electronics. He is in a small town where I grew up. He has been repairing my stuff since I was in high school. I recently carried my G8700DB to him. He does quality work with great prices.

There's a cat who lives up the road from me who goes by the crazy name Merrylander. He's OK, I guess.:D:yes::tresbon:

Back
Top Bottom