Reputable service techs in your state.

colortrakker, I am interested to hear how things go for you at In-House Repair. I have some old SAE equipment that I would like to have worked on and I'd rather not ship it. Good luck.
Just got the 838 back. Cleaned and resoldered, and amazingly, no need for recapping, they say. Good experience, quick turnaround...I'll try them again for my turntable.

I haven't read from the beginning so I apologize if these have already been listed but here are two in the Chicago area:
Deltronics in Woodridge 630-910-6630
Upscale Audio Exchange in Berwyn 708-484-2694

There's this guy in Los Angeles that's nuts enough to repair vintage CD players and Reel to Reels..... Sometimes even other gear. :D

But I hear he is choosy about what he is willing to work on.

Well, crap. Phono 1 and Phono 2 both report static and intermittent left channel. Gonna call tomorrow and see how things progress. Jury's out on In-House.

OK, we're back to good after a call this afternoon. This stuff's like cars. You have a problem, and the thing only does it for you but not the guy fixing it (unless you're the one fixing it). That's what happened here. Apparently a couple transistors in the phono preamp weren't acting up for him like they were for me. So they'll be replaced next week, no hassle.

TX Bammel TV 14530 walters Rd. Houston, TX 77014 www.bammeltv.com
Dean Doba. He's got all the Project One manuals, too.

OH Consumer Service and Parts Co. 4028 Mayfield Rd S. Euclid, OH 44121
216-381-1140 Joe Sopko a personal friend

VA Audio Services 544 Central Dr. Suite 101 virginia Beach, VA 23454
www.audio-services.com peter florence top Denon man in the US I wish he was my brother!

Plenty people here can tell you Avionic is 'the bomb' -- quality work and inventive too at very reasonable rates.

I get that coming across strongly from the posts and info I have seen :thmbsp:

Also
No personal experience here, and as I haven't seen him mentioned, a word-of-mouth recommedation for AK member 'PunkerX' @ http://www.radioxtuners.com/

Thanks for a great thread.

Last edited:
I see that it is a misfiling. Mark definitely works out of his house in St. Pete (Pinellas Park), FL.

Thanks for correction. My proof reader has been on an extended vacation :D

Hyperion~ If you have the state hes located in I'd be glad to list it.

I live south of Seattle.When I need something repaired, the first place that I would take my stuff to is John Ledbetter he is Northwest Audio.If you are trying too locate a part or need something repaired call him.206-728-0369 his shop is north of Green lake on 99.Now there is a tech in Shoreline .Take exit 145 off of I5 and go west. Chris does restores his email is www.cdeckard@gmail.com.I have been around the block with repair places here in Seattle.One went out of business,then there was the one on Roosevelt who made believe they repaired my turntable and they are no longer in business.Then there was the joker up in Stanwood..I trust John and Chris.So if you are going up on 99 and you are at the light on 79th,stop get out of your car and say hello to John and tell him UPS Joe says hello
All the best
Joe

Has anybody used Q Audio in Cambridge for repairs? They seem like a good bunch of folks.

Has anybody used Q Audio in Cambridge for repairs? They seem like a good bunch of folks.

I haven't used Q Audio, but has been on my list of places to visit. I have used Audio Lab in Harvard Square to repair a Thorens TD125. They've been around since 1965. They replaced 5 transistors and 2 ICU's. They also checked out the whole table and replaced the belt at no additional charge. It's in the "Garage" building. Not much parking but I used the loading zone in front.

http://theaudiolab.com/

Back
Top Bottom