Reputable service techs in your state.

Dr. John at HI Fi Hospital in Erie, Pa. is highly recommended. Fast turnaround and reasonable rates. He also has a varied selection of vintage gear and speakers for sale in his shop.

Does anyone have a lead for the Detroit MI or Toledo Ohio areas?

In the Detroit area, try Morrell Electronics, 22770 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington, MI 48336-3227. His phone number is (248) 474-1591. Paul recently fixed a "tough dog" Pioneer SA-500 integrated amp for me and did a beautiful job. I felt that his charges were quite reasonable, too.

Last edited:
I have one for Pittsburgh, Pa:

Phil's TV
110 Sheridan Ave,
Bellevue, PA 15202

The main technician not only performs diagnostic work, but he also repairs and sells Hammond organs and Leslie cabs. They prefer tube over solid state regarding repairs. The turnaround takes a little while, but you can't find technicians like this anymore. Highly recommended.

Anyone in the Northeastern WI area? More specifically Green Bay and the fox cities.
I thought I found someone awhile back via CL but that turned out to be a bust. Also any
shops? Anyone ever use a shop in Green Bay called Technical Difficulties? They seem like a likely candidate.

Fwiw distance isn't that big of a deal either I'm willing to drive aways to if necessary for someone good.

In Mississippi would be John Upchurch of Upchurch Electronics. He is in a small town where I grew up. He has been repairing my stuff since I was in high school. I recently carried my G8700DB to him. He does quality work with great prices.

He is in Clarksdale MS

Harry

Clarksdale, Mississippi ? That's where I was born....

What?....Nobody in the 50th state? I heard there was a retired ex-Pioneer tech on this island. I must investigate this. :scratch2:

Best techs in FL

Hi Trent,
Would you please update the FL listing for Mark May
He now has his own shop
66th St. Audio
5601 66th st north
St. Pete, FL
phone 727 399 7772
email: mmayfl@yahoo.com

Mike @ A/V Electronics in Mansfield, TX. A true technician in the least. He has a reputation around here (DFW metroplex) for fixing vintage gear. Sofar I have had him repair 4 of my receivers, a Pioneer SX-1980, SX-1280, SX-5590, & Marantz 2275. He does beautiful work and he is working on his fifth unit from me, a Marantz 2500. I have inspected his work and he is a wizard with the soldering iron! His prices are also very reasonable. It should be noted that he was able to bring my SX-1980 back from the dead. The Marantz 2500 was also dead when I brought it to him and pretty soon, it will have a heartbeat again...... I hope. :)

A few months ago I left my McIntosh MC2105 with fellow AKer jblmar, aka Ron. My experience with Ron was overwhelmingly positive, he was really great throughout the whole process, letting me know what happened every step of the way. I'd say his service charge was more than reasonable for the work completed and I have no regrets sending my amplifier to him.

If you are in the NYC area, I'd recommend going with Ron first before having a unit shipped out for repair. People like him make me proud to be a member of AK.

Hi Trent,
Would you please update the FL listing for Mark May
He now has his own shop
66th St. Audio
5601 66th st north
St. Pete, FL
phone 727 399 7772
email: mmayfl@yahoo.com
Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

A few months ago I left my McIntosh MC2105 with fellow AKer jblmar, aka Ron. My experience with Ron was overwhelmingly positive, he was really great throughout the whole process, letting me know what happened every step of the way. I'd say his service charge was more than reasonable for the work completed and I have no regrets sending my amplifier to him.

If you are in the NYC area, I'd recommend going with Ron first before having a unit shipped out for repair. People like him make me proud to be a member of AK.
Professor, more contact info would helpful, I'll be glad to put up whatever else you have.

anyone have someone new to be added? I thought I'd resurrect for all the 'new' equipment aquired over the holidays.

With my move and accident, would love to find someone in Nebraska, but it'd be worth a drive to KC if someone could remember who that was, also give me a chance at a much deeper pool o: on CL

There isn't any good tech in SW Florida.

Never heard of a good tech in the Miami area.

I don't think there is a good tech in Southern Florida.

Tampa is the nearest place from what I have read in this thread. Might swing by there someday, need to go to the 'Speaker Exchange' too.

Back
Top Bottom