request opinion which you will chose, Sansui AU8500 or Mcintosh MA6100

masaki

I pick both amp a few days ago, but they need some repairs, so I want to choose wich will be a better option to restore, I listen to the 8500 before but never the MA6100 any opinion ?

Both!! Remember the MA6100 is an older entry level Mc whereas the AU8500 was near TOTL for its time.....it would not surprise me if the Sansui sounds better to be honest and I am someone who likes both Brands!!

The AU-8500 is a considerably more sophisticated amplifier than the MA-6100, with better features and it's easier to work on, not that the Mc is a particularly tough nut to crack.
The Mc is certainly a more attractive unit.
Which one sounds better, as always, is in the ear of the beholder.

Last edited:
I want to choose wich will be a better option to restore,
Now talking seriously just about about the restoration.
Both unit deserves it, and they are lovely units..And I really like both brands.
If you need help just ask, plenty of fine people willing to help on this lands.

Cheers!

thanks for the reply... but I don't want to have both amps, since one will be unused (I have another system in my house, but I want to preserve just one really vintage amp), I just prefer to use the amp wich sound better.

That's really a personal choice that only your ears can decide. I would guess most would by default pick the Mac. Both are top shelf pieces but ultimately it really boils down to listener choice. There is no wrong answer only what will be the right answer for you. Cheers! Jason B

the problem is, I listen the sansui before but never the mc, and is a little hard to find a mc in good working condition in my country to listen to

Back
Top Bottom