Reserving a listening room for AK Fest 2006

Had ya penciled in already Jim. :)

Ak 2006

wont be missing it! i'll need 2 personal rooms and likely come with elusive disc again, so that may be 2 more. let me know what i can do to help.
tyler

I'm Coming

Pencil me in.

Actually l will be releasing my own personnal audio invention that l believe will revolutionlize audio.

This is a tweek l have discovered that greatly increases the enjoyment of music, while improving the audio performance of any piece of electronic equipment. A simple outline of it's concept is listed below.

1. Sit in a comfortable chair.
2. Put on your favourite music with the exception of rap and any thing that remotely has to do with chanting. ( Hint for Reyneman).
3. Drink lots of Canadian beer. :thmbsp: :D

Good to hear from ya Macc !

Got ya on the list SW :)

Is that 100 Db "speed limit" A or C weighted? :) Whatever it is, I can self-police with my own Rat Shack meter.

EDIT, oh and also is that 100 Db based on peak or time-averaged?

Last edited:
Got ya on the list. Thanks !

I will be contacting everyone on this list in about a week about rates and the payment due dates.

For those without a listening room reserved they are flying off the shelf quicker the chit so contact me or post to this thread if you want a listening room reserved.

Grumpy

Yes Sir count me in :thmbsp:

Retro and I were thinking we'd share a room and throw a combination effort together.

Greg will keep an eye on it, so I'm free to lend a hand :cool:

Just to make sure I'm clear - this list is for guys who will be setting up systems, not rooms for other people attending, right?

Gotta down Scott and Greg

Rich

You are correct. This is only for reserving listening rooms. Sleeping rooms are reserved directly through the hotel by the member.

Grumpy

Glad to hear your on board for next year :)

Dave... it might be interesting to compare several different 'little' speakers if you are game... and folks are willing to bring some of their faves.

I'd be tempted to bring a pair of Paradigm Atoms...

Edit: I also have a Sonance DB4 4-way speaker selector switch with impedance protection that I can bring to the party!

Last edited:
botrytis said:
Hey, who else is gonna bring 'little' speakers but me!!

Dave

I prolly can drag a set of Boston Acoustic A40s in, and maybe the ADS L300s if I can score a new tweeter.

Grumpy, I'm a little late to the party here, but if there is still rooms available...sign me up. Also, I have a larger truck now so I will be able to help transport larger systems in the mid Michigan area if needed. Either way, room or no room, I plan on attending this year.

I got a pair of small Missions I could bring to the small-speaker party, if anyone's interested.

I've got 3 pairs of small speakers myself that I can bring. One is home made with
a nice ribbon tweeter. I brought them last year but they didn't get used much.

They are based on the PE $100 jobs with the 6.5" famous dayton driver But a newly
designed xover and obviously the tweeter. For less than $200 you can build a set of
these very easily and I think they blend tremendously well, cabinet/woof/tweet!

botrytis said:
If I get off my butt, I have the fixins' for a nice set of DIY mini-monitors with really nice drivers. The Mid-woofer is a 6.5" with a 3" voice Coil and the tweeters (nice double-cambered silk domes) from the same manufacturer (Hi-Vi Research). We shall see if I get off my fat can and build them.

A small speaker comparison room might not be a bad idea!!

Dave

I have my $100 DIY Speakers that everyone got to see built last year. I would be willing to go in with someone on a room. And if I can get one of the other Colorado members to split the gas there I think I could do it. :naughty:

Want to split your room Dave? A couple of others and it would be cheap?

Back
Top Bottom