Restoring the f2624

Hi john, You got me on that one. What's a subscriber, and how do I get one?:(

20 min later...
Never mind, I figured it out and bought one. I had no idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for this great post!
This is almost everything I wanted to know.
Just two question about the fuses on the power supply board-

Many of the early 9090db's were delivered with 10 amp fuses on the power supply board, feeding the outputs and the f2624. They should be changed to 6 amp fuses, like in later production. When we see a really messed up f2624, it practically always comes from one of these units with 10 amp fuses. Recently we had one that had caught onfire.

Are there any disadvantages swapping the 10A to 6A like maybe more heat on the power board, more strain on other parts, changes in sound etc. ?

Also what’s the best fuse for the job ? should I get the same white ceramic one
Or maybe the transparent (slow blow?)

Thanks !

Are there any disadvantages swapping the 10A to 6A like maybe more heat on the power board, more strain on other parts, changes in sound etc. ?
One can say that that you can loose some reliability, but hardly you will see more than 6 Amps there unless the unit is failing.
like maybe more heat on the power board, more strain on other parts,
No
Also what’s the best fuse for the job ? should I get the same white ceramic one
Good quality fuses gives you accuracy.... but any fuse will do.

If you need a link to the correct fuse from an online supplier - just let me/us know. :)

In the initial post, Trnsfmr says " C1 and C2 are the input caps, so use a quality cap for them."

I have regular electrolytics in mine, should I use a polypro WIMA instead? Or should I look for a Nichicon gold electrolytic?

I can't see what he used in that pic, they are obscured

Thanks!

Last edited:
polypro WIMA instead?
Real state there is tigh, and not many 0.47uf electrolytic options (I have used Silmic II, nichicon KL, KW )
I use wima MKS2 or Kemet (50V 0.47uF 3mm lead space) on that application.
PP is usually too big, but maybe you can squeeze a MKP2 (5mm lead space) there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom