REVIEW: Schiit Modi DAC $99

Been using the Modi for while now for net subscription streaming mostly. Best improvement is sound so far ... came when I started using Google Chrome browser. I have no idea why but hey ... I'll take it.
I've got a new found appreciation of the DAC ... still curious about the Modi 2.

Last edited:
Well she's up and running via USB and sounds great. I plan to give Optical a try at some point but not now time to fire up the grill

Does anyone know what the proper and or preferred "audio MIDI setup" might be in preferences for Mac?

Here's a pic

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN5769.jpeg
    DSCN5769.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Any opinions on Modi 2 vs. HRT offerings? Modi 2 Uber vs. HRT?

I just got a used MS ii+ and am using the snot out of it. Am thinking I need another DAC for my desk at work (since I just got a very small receiver, am thinking of totally pimping my desk, as a local guy offered me some speakers that would be perfect for that, and I also have a pair of Beyer DT770s...) and the Modi 2 is cheaper than a new HRT.

I'll of course be reading this whole thread, but just wondering if anyone had any specific opinions on the above.

So far I'm liking the Modi 2 Uber over my older HRT music streamer II another thing I like about it is it allows me the option to connect via USB, Optical & Coax. The HRT didn't have that and I'm curious to see what the difference sound qualities will be comparing the 3.

Back
Top Bottom