Rogue audio Kronos or parasound halo 2.1

If the OP whats tubes, the Rogue. If he wants SS then Parasound. It is that easy. Parasound designs nice equipment. I really am enjoying the Parasound P5 pre-amp I have.

I have heard the Rogue and wasn't impressed. Just me maybe.
come on over (if you're ever in chicago). we'll change that :)

HvvJRP.jpg

I recently bought a Rogue Cronos Magnum II. The quality of assembly looked impeccable, but one transformer had a hum that could be heard from 10 feet away when there was no input. I also found that instruments that normally had a nice bite (electric guitars, trumpets, etc.), were irritating/harsh on this sample. Finally, while it had a nice sense of separation of voices and instruments spatially, I often got the sense of them not playing together (PRAT? I hate that term). I probably had a bad sample because it gets glowing

That seems to be the trend. Some get hiss and others don't. What you describe is exactly what mine did although mine wasn't a Magnum. I called the owner of the company and explained the situation, he said that the problem sounded like the center AU7 was bad and that he would send me a "known" good one. He sent me a copy of the first and it didn't change anything.

Some days you get the bear and some days it gets you.

...r1

That seems to be the trend. Some get hiss and others don't. What you describe is exactly what mine did although mine wasn't a Magnum. I called the owner of the company and explained the situation, he said that the problem sounded like the center AU7 was bad and that he would send me a "known" good one. He sent me a copy of the first and it didn't change anything.

Some days you get the bear and some days it gets you.

...r1

Weird. When I called Rogue, the person I spoke with said it sounded like I was getting DC through my AC line. I bought a DC filter/ line conditioner from Emotiva, but it made no difference. Sent the filter back, too.

BTW, Needle Doctor was great! They paid return shipping on the Rogue. I didn’t lose a dime.

Back
Top Bottom