Rotel RP 1000

Belt drive version yes ... built by C.E.C. Chuo Denki. They built similar models for a number of companies ... even Bose, as I understand.

Here in Canada we see models like Pro Linear AT1200 and AT1600 (I have one), EDS 15s and AGS Audio Reflex MR-112.

The AT 1600 is full auto but has that extra width strip on the plinth's right side like the Rotel. No cartridge holders though. Pro-Linear was Vancouver BC based but I think it has just recently ceased to exist as a separate company. Website redirects to Staub Electronics.

The Bose turntable was actually built by Fujiya Audio in Japan. They made a lot of the cheaper Japanese rebadged belt drive turntables. CEC did the nicer ones most of the time. The Rotel RP 1000 is most definitely CEC built.

The Bose turntable was actually built by Fujiya Audio in Japan. They made a lot of the cheaper Japanese rebadged belt drive turntables. CEC did the nicer ones most of the time. The Rotel RP 1000 is most definitely CEC built.

To be fair, Fujiya also made most of the Luxman and Micro Seiki turn tables. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom