Rotel RX-603

bolly

Lunatic Member
A friend of mine gave me this little gem a while back. Told me it was his bro's and that the last time he plugged her in he seen smoke. I decided to finally try her. I hadn't plugged her in myself. Removed cover, she's a bit dusty, nothing seems burnt. Other than left bulb. I've got some small Scott's hooked to her. Gonna let her warm up for a while.

Greg

All I notice on power up is that the relay seems excessively loud. Don't see any smoke though...

Checked E/W's famous DC offset

Right: .017 mV
Left: .07 mV

Houston, We have lift off! I'm about to sub in the Rotel for the Sansui... shortly!

Everyone's sleeping still, but right now I've got her fed by the 9150's Pre Out's, and hooked to the L/A's. The 9150 is still powering the HPM-100's. I'll be able to "test" a little later.

Greg

Ooh, I got one of those. It's in use, with the anime convention I work with. Got enough guts, last time we used it, it wound up running a pair of 12" bandpass sub boxes... and boy did THAT bump a little! :D

One thing to check- on mine, the phono preamp is out... no output on phono. Haven't had time to check it out, not a big priority since where it is, the phono preamp will never be used...

Regards,
Gordon.

Gordon, A nice unit it is. I liked the way my G-5700 sounded, but this RX-603 is sounding better. Can it be?

Back
Top Bottom