Rotten Tomatoes Ruining Our Industry: ROFLMFAO

Deadpool was the best Marvel movie made. Ever. I want more of that if they can pull it off again.
BUT - don't forget about the DC "Watchmen" which was a good offering I thought.

A Deadpool sequel is already in the works. :) I have heard that the people that put the movie out had already decided to do a sequel before the first one hit the theatres.

Batman vs Superman was without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen. If you make a bad movie, accept the bad reviews. Personally, I depend more on viewer scores and comments than critics.

Viewer scores are also worthless. I can find people that love and hate the same movie. If a movie interests me, I will watch it.

I'm surprised that Holywo-o-o-o-o-o d has not started blaming the movie going public for being too stupid to understand their sheer brilliance.

th

Something happened to me around the age of 28 or so. I pretty much lost all interest in TV.

Now, at 44, I've tuned out Hollywood. There are some fine films out there, yes. But I think Heather may have stated it best, as far as I'm concerned.

"My time is worth more than that."

Let's be honest - you're trading that precious time that you CANNOT get back, for....what, exactly? Some mild amusement? Go for a walk. Read a book. Toss a ball with your kid.

But realize, they call it programming for a reason.

For those of you who enjoy movies and tv, I mean no insult. It is simply not for me anymore.

If you go to a restaurant, and the food is terrible they will (if they are reputable) give you an alternative dish, or a coupon for a free meal, or a discount, etc.
Films... why don't we demand partial refunds if the performance doesn't measure up? We should.

Films... why don't we demand partial refunds if the performance doesn't measure up? We should.

If you walk out within the first 20 minutes (of actual movie not the 20 minutes of ads and trailers) it should be a full refund. Same with paying for streamed ones online. If you shut it off before 20 minutes have passed then you should get a refund.

I can't believe how badly the critical and the public reception has been for B vs. S. It wasn't the greatest movie ever made, but I in know way agree with the armies of darkness saying that this was the worst movie ever made. I don't get it. It's comic book stuff. What's not to like?

GJ

Comic-book stuff?

I can't believe how badly the critical and the public reception has been for B vs. S. It wasn't the greatest movie ever made, but I in know way agree with the armies of darkness saying that this was the worst movie ever made. I don't get it. It's comic book stuff. What's not to like?

GJ

I thought the same thing. It was entertaining, plot wasn't horrible, and the fight scenes were awesome; what else is there to expect? Normally I agree with RT's ratings, especially when watching On-demand, but not for B vs S.

>>>>++++Comic-book stuff?++++<<<<

Yes, "comic book stuff," and I say that with all the love that is due, as an old school Marvel and DC fan. I just don't understand the vitriol......

>healthy SNIP for brevity<

So yeah, I don't get it...

I don't harbor any vitriol for the "comic book stuff" per-se. I grew up later in the comic book era (the 70's) but was not a huge fan and did not really follow them. Interestingly enough my daughter, a child of the 2000's, cant get enough of the stuff and so we all go as a family to view the various movies that come out. Being a casual traveler to the "comic book stuff" world, the one thing that started to grate on my viewing sensibilities was the progressive one-upsmanship concerning CGI. I get that we're dealing with superheroes and that there is a need for the CGI, but after a while it just becomes an unrelenting assault on the senses.

The 2013 offering of "Superman, Man of Steel" was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. It was a non-stop CGI crap-fest. I just can't watch any more.

Back in the 1960's the thing that impacted my comic book reading was McDonalds. For 25 cents I could get a comic book, or I could get at McDonalds a Hamburger, 15 cents, and french fries 10 cents. More often then not McDonalds won :D

the one thing that started to grate on my viewing sensibilities was the progressive one-upsmanship concerning CGI.

I think CGI getting cheaper is doing a lot to make quite a few movies worse. They used to have to write a story around the special effects they could pull off and build characters you were into enough to ignore the bad effects when they happened. Now they skip the story and characters and just add more CGI.

I was a ~Groo The Wanderer~ man myself. Wish I would have kept my books, they're worth some bucks now.

I am SO TIRED of yet ANOTHER reboot of Batman's origin, or Superman's origin (or Spiderman, for that matter) ...
AND I LIKE COMIC BOOK MOVIES! Those heroes bore me to tears anymore. Find some new characters!!

On the plus side, the next Spiderman movie is NOT an origin story.

I just hate how movies nowadays are tuned to the ADHD-mind. Super fast, 10 plot lines to keep up with, 4 time periods, etc. Wait, is that Bill as a kid? No it's Joe as an old man! Now it's Bill as a teenager, after Joe's death, but while Mary was still in jail, and before Tom was murdered. Cue 10x volume for fight scene. Wait, who's fighting? Joe? Joe died in 1946? But it's 2003? Oh wait, it's 1927. I get it. I think. Wait, he just left in an AMC Gremlin, it's gotta be the 70s.

On the plus side, the next Spiderman movie is NOT an origin story.
So what - bored silly about ANYTHING with Supe or Batman - there ARE other heroes!

please, how about Swamp thing or Mister Miracle or New Gods or any of those ...?

And Spiderman?? didn't they reboot him to excess after Tobe McGuire??
what is it, 3 different actors now??

Something happened to me around the age of 28 or so. I pretty much lost all interest in TV. ... Now, at 44, I've tuned out Hollywood. There are some fine films out there, yes. ... For those of you who enjoy movies and tv, I mean no insult. It is simply not for me anymore.
That has been my view for years. I pretty much bailed on TV once the 80s came to an end--I got busier in life and there was nothing I could find that could hold my attention, beyond something like Star Trek: Voyager or similar (which I have only caught up with recently via the box sets). Movies? I'm pretty much a classic film aficionado, in the rare event I will even sit through one. Many (but not all) Pixar films are quite well done, probably due to imaginative plots and interesting characters. It just seems there is a far greater ratio of bad films to good films today than there was in the past; even the old B-movies are better IMHO than a lot of these two-hour turds Hollywood produces today. There is more to ponder in one good classic Hitchcock film than in a few dozen of 2016's alleged "best."

For me, two hours lost to a current Hollywood Turd is two hours I could have been listening to more music. Spending time with family. Exploring the bike trails. Entertaining women. You name it. ;)

I'm surprised that Holywo-o-o-o-o-o d has not started blaming the movie going public for being too stupid to understand their sheer brilliance.

th

Funny, I've been waiting for them to do just as you suggested for a long time. :) The truth is that if they really want to know what is ruining their industry, the would be best served by taking a long, deep look into the nearest mirror.

Some years ago a certain brewery was concerned their sales were down. The newspaper announced they were going to start a major advertising push to get sales back up. I kept wondering, why don't they try making better beer?

Back
Top Bottom