RS2.5 -Looking for the right front baffle foam

Oneoff

Hi!
I’m sure I saw a thread about it somewhere before but I just can’t find it anymore...
I’m looking for a good source for the front baffles foam for my infinity RS2.5s.
Many thanks!

When looking at the thickness (and your coin)
Did you order the 1” thickness by any chance?

I used 1” and it is almost identical to what was there. Had to buy two pieces to make it look factory. With one piece it will have to be puzzled together.

Tubed, I believe it is closed cell. There is heavy adheasive on the back of it so it would be closed off. Not sure if it is the same as factory, I could not hear a difference when I replace it.

Tubed, I believe it is closed cell. There is heavy adheasive on the back of it so it would be closed off. Not sure if it is the same as factory, I could not hear a difference when I replace it.
Slimpikkins,

The material around your EMIT & Mids, is that new or is that original? I'm looking for a source for that stuff for my RS IIIa & IIIb speakers. Of course if you touch it now, it just crumbles, so I want to replace it. Maybe put some on my 4b's. There's a local shop that will cut it, I have the pattern laid out, but need the material.

Thanks, Chris

Just some impressions :
I just received the material from parts express and as far as I can see,it’s very similar if not exactly the same as the original . It also has a -peel off sticky side, which I believe the original had.
The patern on the front side of this foam looks also very similar to the original. I feel that it is good enough for a damping material for my needs...

Slimpikkins,

The material around your EMIT & Mids, is that new or is that original? I'm looking for a source for that stuff for my RS IIIa & IIIb speakers. Of course if you touch it now, it just crumbles, so I want to replace it. Maybe put some on my 4b's. There's a local shop that will cut it, I have the pattern laid out, but need the material.

Thanks, Chris
Chris, sorry I just saw. This now. It is new from parts express. You might find the same thickness for the RSIIIa/b. Check out the link I posted above.

Thank you for posting the link slimpikkins, I also ordered a pair, btw your 2.5's look really nice !

FWIW, the foam on mine measures closer to 3/4 than 1".
I'll opt for the 3/4" if I need to replace mine.

Last edited:
Charcoal open cell foam from The Foam Factory (https://www.thefoamfactory.com/opencellfoam/opencellfoam.html) is what you want. They have it in regular and firm in a large variety of thicknesses. Prices are very fair, too. Of course, they have many other types of foam products as well, including acoustic foam for room treatment applications.
Slimp,

Just so I'm clear on this.... the textured foam surrounding the EMIT & EMIMs is what you're describing here at the foam factory? I found a yoga mat that would work perfect (with the texture), but I'd rather find something that has the adhesive on one side already and large enough so that I could get this shop to cut me half a dozen or whatever uses up all the material. They can cut anything as long as you have the pattern to give them. It only needs to be about 1/8" thick and dark grey or black. I only need four of these to make my IIIs look factory.

Thanks, Chris

Back
Top Bottom