Ruffian

ruffian

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been hanging out for a few months, trying to pick up some knowledge. No posts up to now. I took an interest in high end equipment last March, when helping clean out my grandmothers house. I asked my mother if I could have the stereo, she said "Sure, I don't even know if it works, she has not had it on for 10 or 15 years". It happened to be a Marantz 7C, a Marantz Model 8, a Thorens 124 and a McIntosh MR71 along with a pair of EMI DLS529 speakers. Once home I -ignortantly- plugged it all in, I only had to move the pots and switches back and forth a few times and I had music. Then I went to ebay and my jaw dropped when I saw what people are paying for this equipment. I soon after found this website and have been lurking ever since.

The amp, preamp and tuner have all since been serviced. The amp had a cracked power cord, good thing I didn't fry it or myself. I have also picked up an Arcam Alpha8se CD player.

As for me, I live in Bergen County NJ. My wife and I have 2 kids, 3 yrs and 5 yrs. My other big hobby is homebrewing, although with the kids I have not been able to make a batch in over a year. But then again I also picked up a Weber smoker a few years back and enjoy cooking up a batch of ribs, pork butt or briskett on the weekend, so I'm still out in the back yard, just que'ing instead of brewing.

Ruffian was the house brand of a nearby (and long gone) brewpub.

hi ruffian and welcome to ak.your grandfather sure had good taste in audio gear. it takes some of us many yrs to get where youve got with your first setup.enjoy,

chris

Back
Top Bottom