Ruger firearms.

I love the way old threads come back..

No more Ruger for me.. I traded my Security Six for a Norinco 1911A... I got the better end of the deal, because I was shooting some super hot loads in the Ruger and it shook the king pin loose.. they were only loaded to 1650 fps..

i love these threads however back alley in the sub. section would be my choice of place to post. it really would not be that hard for a thief to backtrack any of us at least there they would have to pay $25.00 to AK to steal from us.

"from my cold dead hand"

Well.. we all post pictures of our gear in public too, and if I'm a thief, the last place I'm gonna rob is the guy posting pictures of his gear and guns.. Especially trying to rob guys like me who aren't afraid to mention they would have no qualms shooting a guy breaking into my house..

Wife has a Ruger 10/22 that she loves. I have a Ruger single six w/9" barrel and 22 winmags. Love it! Fun gun!

Some pics...

ruger5.jpg

ruger1.jpg

For no particular reason, Ruger is a brand I have never owned. I have owned Remington, Ithaca, Colt, S&W, Browning, H&R, Knight (MML), Thompson Center, but never a Ruger. Have shot plenty of them though. I like what I have shot well enough (particularly a very sweet No. 1 in .25-06 and a Red Label O/U Shotgun), but they have never ended up being my first choice in the niche I was trying to fill.

Time to revive this thread as I added a new Ruger yesterday. I went to my local gun dealer yesterday looking for one of the new Ruger SS SR-1911s and much to my dismay, they are back-ordered all the way through May! I did get my name on the waiting list, and will end up with one of those SR-1911s eventually. Well, my birthday is less than a week away, and I didn't want to leave empty handed, so I picked up another Ruger that I'd been drooling over:

1705.jpg

The stainless steel Ruger GP100 .357 Mag. with the 4" barrel.

The other Ruger guns I own are a stainless steel Mini-30, stainless steel 10/22, stainless steel 10/22 Take Down, and two .380 LCPs (one is my wife's). And hopefully real soon, a stainless steal SR-1911....

Retro

My first real, new rifle was this M77, purchased in 1977. Caliber 270 Win. 'cause Jack O'Connor said so. The scope is a Redfield 2x7 Widefield. Just a great combo for hunting here in Colorado.

Ruger and Buck, classic companies, I'm glad they're still around!

Redfield was also a great(Colorado) company but got into trouble with the EPA(I think Leupold owns them now). Preston

p25w8.jpg

I got a Ruger LCP 380 and it fits in my pocket holster perfectly.
Next on my list is a larger pistol and just use the LCP as a back-up.

I got a Ruger LCP 380 and it fits in my pocket holster perfectly.
Next on my list is a larger pistol and just use the LCP as a back-up.

I love my LCP also.......but now I want to get the LCR .357 revolver.

Last edited:
I have several Rugers. 1st was a P85MkII 9mm . Then a 1022. Finally a Super Blackhawk stainless in 44 mag . All are great guns. JOHN

I am in TN also. I have among others 6 Mini-14's,6 10/22's, 1 10/22 mag,14 Ruger MK2's,2 Ruger MK3's,2 M77's,1M77/22 hornet,1 American,2 Single six's,1 GP100,1 security six, 3 flattop 44 magnums,2 flattop 357's and a super redhawk in 454 casull. There may be one or two others floating around.

Keep tellin' youse byrds, you come down here & visit Yer Ol' Unca Sandy, he can PROLLY be very easily coaxed into going to Snap a few Caps on his Loudenboomer collection...

Back
Top Bottom