Ruth Ellen McDonald (otherwise known as 'mom')

I could not read your post without getting choked up. My parents are nearing 90 and I'm dreading the day.

So sorry for your loss.

Condolences to you and your dad, and the rest of your family. Losing the reason you are alive is, like you said, sad beyond what words can convey.

I'm very sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones...

I know how it feels. I just lost my mom late January. I was her sole caregiver for the last 7 years of her life. Dad passed-away 13 years ago and my brother and sister live out of town. It can be very difficult, in the first week or so I would wake-up at 3 in the morning crying. Seems like a sad thing to say when I'm almost 58 years old, but loosing my mom made me feel like I was a young boy reaching out for her.
I hope you find the strength to carry on (I'm slowly finding mine.) I'm sure that's what our mom's would want...

Last edited:
Glenn, you did right by them. And 64 years of marriage is one hell of a run. You and your father have my sympathies and best wishes.

Burying my father was perhaps the strongest before/after moment of my life. I suspect you're feeling emotions of this kind yourself.

Very very sorry to hear about your Mom, sincere condolences go out to you and your dad during this time of grief. Take some time to spend with your dad, they have been together for a long time so I'm sure it's especially difficult for him.

I have felt what you are experiencing now. My parents were much older when I was born, my Dad was 52. All of what you described when I was still a young man. I had dreams prior to my loss of my parents. These dream gave me guidance and I sincerely believe they helped me through the crisis. I wish well to you and your dad and if you have dreams, look to them for help. Be well, to you and your father too.

The ventilator was removed at around 6:30pm, and at 6:55pm February 20, 2017, the heart that began beating sometime around March of 1935 stopped, and Ruth Ellen McDonald née Holt was no more.
May God Bless her soul and let her Return To Innocence

Had more than my fair share of bad moments in my life, but this one was certainly the worst. No matter how much logic says that your aging parents will eventually pass, there's no emotional prepping for it. Mom was incredibly important here as the glue to hold various segments of the family together. We all feel like we're spinning off into the void without her.

She will always be there brother trust me on that one, the glue made a bond that will never be broken. Believe it !!
My sincere condolences to you and your family

Seems like a sad thing to say when I'm almost 58 years old, but losing my mom made me feel like I was a young boy reaching out for her.

And you have my sincere condolences as well. I don't care how old someone is when loosing a parent, it's like we also lost our protector in life. The only person from the day we where born that we counted on alway. Truth

Let Music Heal The Soul

Not knowing you and your situation with your parents estate, I thought I would show this article that I wish I had seen when my parents passed away. I hope you take this article in the spirit it was passed to you and not feel resentment towards me for pointing this in your way. I know for sure you have a million things you have to think about and I hope this will clarify a few thing for you, now and in the future. Here it is: http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/19/pf/inherited-debt-adult-children/index.html?iid=TL_Popular

Back
Top Bottom