S-100 Seeburg Jukebox PT replacement ?

Just got back to the SCC6 on the bench , the voltages look good except for the write in return and source jumped together.

Last edited:
At Zener diode CR3105 it only has 128 volts , shows 150 on the schematic. Not sure if that zener diode is the problem or not ? , going to look for a higher voltage tap on PT.

Last edited:
Found a 196 vac tap on the PT to use, it gave me 155 VDC Source, right where I needed it to be. About a 50 volt drop from AC to DC in this circuit. I'm sure the 10 watt 7.5k resistor going to the zener diode has a lot to do with it. I discovered that another secondary wire was grounded to the primary also, I cut it off and The Read out voltage jumped up from 132 vdc to 414 vdc and the PT runs much cooler. I reinstalled the SCC6 and played about 10 songs and the PT runs fine now at a normal temperature. The SCC6 short and bad PT problem is fixed now. Now it is on to fixing the write in circuit and I think that could be the switch in the credit unit, I found another cancellation magnet for it !. I guess the magnet should be done first. Thanks forum for making me think !

Last edited:
Fixed the cancellation magnet and that works good now, Needs a lot of cleaning and to have the selection button section cleaned, plus the leaf points cleaned up , Jukebox is working again now !. The Final test point voltages are +27vdc , zero on both write in's jumped together ,414vdc on read out load and read out source jumped together and 155vdc on +150 source. The 120 VAC listed on SCC6 skematic on pin 7 of J3104 and pins 7/8 of J3101 should be 80 vac , if you look closer at skematic you will see it goes through one of the Primary windings and not directly to 120 AC. Works fine with 80 vac.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom