sansui 5000 wont play fm

I have the same issue, but both AM and FM do not work and no AM or FM lights on the front panel. The Phono 1, 2, and Aux light up. Thinking a power feed to the F1038 (AM) and F1085 or F1219 (FM). Any thoughts?
Rob H.
I guess no one uses this site anymore. Bummer.

Check out he F-1219 board (IF board) at pin 2E and look for 13v DC. If its missing, you may just have a regulator supply problem on board F-1137 (transistor TR002) Your problem wouldn't be a fuse

Thanks Tom for your reply. Will let you know what I find out. Haven't had time lately to look at it. In the process of remodeling my house. Chaos! Thanks again.

Check out he F-1219 board (IF board) at pin 2E and look for 13v DC. If its missing, you may just have a regulator supply problem on board F-1137 (transistor TR002) Your problem wouldn't be a fuse
Tom, would you happen to know what the numbers below the 2SD223 mean?

I don't know if this will help at all, but these were my adventures in 5000X FM troubleshooting.

Link

Bottom line: it wasn't trivial without the proper equipment and I shelved the unit mid-diag. Since the rest of the receiver and even most of the FM path works swimmingly I'll be taking it to a local shop that does vintage repairs. If I had an FM signal generator and oscilloscope I could have proceeded further in debug, but... :dunno:

Yes, a little. Problem is that both AM and FM don't work. Going to try and replace the transistor first, since it's easy to do.

Tom, would you happen to know what the numbers below the 2SD223 mean?
Those numbers below relate to the run and HFE of the transistor. No need to worry about these numbers for the circuit you are working on. I would also check for the missing voltage before you replace the transistor. You should also check for ~14vdc on both sides of those 3 watt resistors. If you get on one side, but not the other, the resistors is probably open, or you can also have burnt solder connections/traces below those resistors on the board, because the resistors can run hot.

Those numbers below relate to the run and HFE of the transistor. No need to worry about these numbers for the circuit you are working on. I would also check for the missing voltage before you replace the transistor. You should also check for ~14vdc on both sides of those 3 watt resistors. If you get on one side, but not the other, the resistors is probably open, or you can also have burnt solder connections/traces below those resistors on the board, because the resistors can run hot.
Good information Tom. Will look for the voltages as well. Thanks again. Will let you know what I find.

Back
Top Bottom