Sansui 8080 phono and aux lamp don't work

Rebelkid12

hi. I have a sansui 8080. The phono and aux lamps do not light. The lamps are fine and the phono stage and aux inputs are working. I've deoxidized the selector switch several times. Also resoldered several connections on back of equalizer board where connectors are attached on other side. Still they do not work. Im suspecting its the switch wafers. Would anyone have an idea what might cause this? Thank you for your help.

It's the wafer that runs the lights. You can try and take it apart and see if there is anything left of it to fix/clean, but letting it be is perhaps the best option.

It's the wafer that runs the lights. You can try and take it apart and see if there is anything left of it to fix/clean, but letting it be is perhaps the best option.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. When you say " wafer that runs the lights" do you mean the audio selector switch or the light board?

Yes, I believe it is the front most wafer on the selector that runs the function lights.

Yes, I believe it is the front most wafer on the selector that runs the function lights.

Thanks for the info from all. I've decided to leave as is ( as advised). All things considered the other lamps work and the amp is working very well.

That is, unless someone has some other thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom