Sansui 990DB AM/FM no sound Help Help!

PooPoo

not getting any sound from the AM/FM all the other inputs works fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

check you have +12v to ground at pin 01 on the RF power supply board F-2619; it's the small board behind the tuner signal meters. This board cooks itself; could be just a dry joint..

Clean the function and dolby switches.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

check you have +12v to ground at pin 01 on the RF power supply board F-2619; it's the small board behind the tuner signal meters. This board cooks itself; could be just a dry joint..
Ok I will check that board when I get home. Thanks Doug

Serial numbers just for the 990DB or all my other sansuis?
All of them if you can get to the serial numbers. The database is a great resource for determining when the units were built. It also helps estimate how many were built and can document production changes that frequently were not documented by Sansui.

- Pete

I checked pin 01 and no voltage. So I recapped
All the caps and still nothing??? Any idea what else? IMG_4990.JPG

It's usually a combination of bad solder joints on the ceramic resistors and/or the transistor on the heat sink is blown.

- Pete

Yup. If it tests OK, then start reflowing the solder joints for the two ceramic resistors. Actually even if the transistor is bad, reflow the solder joints.

- Pete

Did you test the transistor? What are those speaker wires on the left side of the board? That's not original, where do they go? It also looks like someone added a bullet connector to the ground wire. Be sure you have a good ground.

- Pete

The speaker wire is just a temporary extension for the two red power wires so I have room to work on instead of trouble shooting in such a tight space.

Back
Top Bottom