Sansui au-5500 stuck in protection mode

pcrosewood

Just recently picked up a au-5500 and found that the relay isn't clicking in. Certainly could use some help in figuring my next move to try to find the reason .

What have you checked so far? Something in an amp channel is toast.
More information would certainly be helpful as well, you didn't exactly give a lot to go on.

So far I've cleaned all the switches with Deoxit. Blew the dust out of it. Replaced one of the 4 fuses on the main power board. I also gave a good visual and resoldered any questionable looking spots. I cleaned the contacts on the relay with Deoxit.. The red power light comes on but nothing happens. I did find a couple points where I got a reading 35.2 volts on my DMM.

So far I've cleaned all the switches with Deoxit. Blew the dust out of it. Replaced one of the 4 fuses on the main power board. I also gave a good visual and resoldered any questionable looking spots. I cleaned the contacts on the relay with Deoxit.. The red power light comes on but nothing happens. I did find a couple points where I got a reading 35.2 volts on my DMM.
Out of the amp board before the relay, what's the offset of the amp channels?

I would need help to find a point where I could get that reading.
Where the two emitter resistors for the outputs meet....you may be in over your head.
Diode check the output transistor that was on the rail that the fuse blew on, I'm sure that's the culprit.

I have exactly the same issue on my AU-5500 just got from my Bro's dustbin...
All fuses are OK, no sound from the Relay and no movement inside the relay...
I may go to replace all the "old" capacitors and then check what will happen?
Thanx for some valuable hints...

I would STRONGLY suggest that you troubleshoot and correct the protect issue, before you begin randomly replacing parts.

Back
Top Bottom