Sansui AU 717 goes to Protection mode.

Jayrosc

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-au-717-goes-to-protection-mode.841232/

It was suggested that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction to get this amp back in shape.
So I got this thing today...the audio version of a 1970's muscle car....and found that it goes into protection mode after about ten minutes of use. I'm not a tech guy, but is there something that can be done to fix it?
What I mean is this: I'm flush with great receivers like Marantz, NAD, Lafayette, etc. and I don't need another one. So spending $900 on a restoration is out of the question. That said, I'd love to get this unit hitting on all cylinders. Final thought: Before going into protection the sound of the unit is very fuzzy. As if the sound is going through some wax paper.

Someone technically helpful will be along within 24 hours to help you. Rest assured the cure for your 717 will be less than $900. These models are very highly regarded and repairs extensively documented within this forum.

Someone technically helpful will be along within 24 hours to help you. Rest assured the cure for your 717 will be less than $900. These models are very highly regarded and repairs extensively documented within this forum.
That sounds great! I can tell this unit is special. Hope I can make it work.

If you have the time and the curiosity, get informed here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....estoration-upgrade-of-a-sansui-au-717.641945/

I just finished restoring my friend's AU-717 according to Leestereo's direction, and he can't say enough about it versus what it used to sound like. It cost about $130 in parts, including replacement of the main filter caps. His unit had been to the shop 2 or 3 times prior to that and was full of band-aid fixes. A lot of the fundamental issues had still not been taken care of and the phono stage was completely unusable. Take the time or find someone that can follow Leestereo's guide and you'll have an amazing amp that will last at least another 30 years without problems.

Back
Top Bottom