Sansui database - Update

220080029, AU-X1, Hyperion.
Hello,
I happen to have bought a sansui AU-X1 yesterday, and my serial number (220080007) is very close to yours. Would like to know if it has the oscilation problem everyone is talking about, and if you fully restored the one you have or just changed certain parts as a preventive measure.
Appreciate your feedback,
Best regards
Aziz

Hello, I happen to have bought a sansui AU-X1 yesterday, and my serial number (220080007) is very close to yours.
Wow, yes that is close.
Would like to know if it has the oscilation problem everyone is talking about, and if you fully restored the one you have
My unit didn't seem to have the problem, but any AU-X1 unit without the recommended remediation measures could be severely damaged at any time. The later production, and particularly European Voltage versions are somewhat less affected - but still need the modifications in my opinion.
...or just changed certain parts as a preventive measure.
Appreciate your feedback,
Best regards
Aziz
No, I changed at least 160 parts, 90%+ of these were for remediation (stability) purposes and general maintenance, the remainder were changed for future proofing reasons.

If you have further questions please do not post here - this is the old 'Sansui Database' thread - please create a NEW THREAD and post in the 'Exclusively Sansui' section.

AU-X1, 220080007 was built in August of 1980. There were a group of these amps built that August. Then production skipped to October 1980 which is the last month of production as indicated by the models on file in the Sansui Database. The earliest models on file were built in December of 1978 so it's likely that units built as late in production as yours had all the factory production modifications. That said, still follow Hyperion's advise.

- Pete

Wow, yes that is close.
My unit didn't seem to have the problem, but any AU-X1 unit without the recommended remediation measures could be severely damaged at any time. The later production, and particularly European Voltage versions are somewhat less affected - but still need the modifications in my opinion.
No, I changed at least 160 parts, 90%+ of these were for remediation (stability) purposes and general maintenance, the remainder were changed for future proofing reasons.

If you have further questions please do not post here - this is the old 'Sansui Database' thread - please create a NEW THREAD and post in the 'Exclusively Sansui' section.
Thank you Hyperion for the feedback, will do. Appreciated,
Aziz

AU-X1, 220080007 was built in August of 1980. There were a group of these amps built that August. Then production skipped to October 1980 which is the last month of production as indicated by the models on file in the Sansui Database. The earliest models on file were built in December of 1978 so it's likely that units built as late in production as yours had all the factory production modifications. That said, still follow Hyperion's advise.

- Pete
Hi Pete, thank you for the feedback appreciated. Do you know if the AU-X1 service manual in audio karma database is for the ones manuafctured 1978... or 1980 .. ?
Regards
Aziz

In most cases, the service manuals were published before the introduction of the unit and don't include any production modifications. If production modifications were documented at all, it would be in a Service Bulletin. I'm not aware of a comprehensive library of Service Bulletins.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom