1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui Receiver 1000X

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by gyusher, Jun 12, 2003.

1. gyusher

gyusher -don't go round hungry-

I have a chance to pick up a near mit sansui 1000X receiver but I dont know what it is all about. . . can anyone tell me anything about the 1000X, prices, power, features, age etc. . . ? I appreciate it, Thanks_________________Guy

2. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Super Member

The 1000X dates back to the early 70's, I believe the rms wattage rating is 35 W.

3. bobinaz

bobinaz Active Member

I have a 1000x. I thought is was about 30 watts per channel.

Some comments about it:

It has a really good fm tuner. It picked up more stations (without an antenna)and sounded better than a 10 year old Nakamichi rcvr(with antenna) I had. Very simple to operate, very good build quality - take a look inside. Very nice, quality wood case. The Sansui 1000x is a quality vintage, and great sounding reciever. If you can get it for $20 to $60 dollars, go for it. I don't know that much about any re-sale value.

4. bobinaz

bobinaz Active Member

Forgot to mention that the phono stage is decent, my mom plays her CD's thru the AUX. The 1000x is a nice little all around rcvr and a nice slice of vintage ss equipment from the early 70's.

5. gyusher

gyusher -don't go round hungry-

Sansui 1000X

Thanks gang. . . I am selling a mint Pioneer SX-980 and this guy wants to use the Sansui as partial trade. . . I know Pioneers but not much about others. . . Sometimes just being Pretty is not enough. . .