1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui SP-2000 Value?

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by echase55, Aug 25, 2009.

1. echase55

echase55 Crazy Zirconium

Can anyone provide an estimate of value for Sansui SP-2000 speakers in fair-to-good condition? (All 6 drivers working, but moderate cosmetic scratches)

Thanks!

2. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

I always say the value is what someone is willing to pay. No more and no less.

3. sleepyweasel

sleepyweasel Well-Known Member

I purchased 2 pairs sp-2500 in really hice cosmetic shape for $80 a few months ago, and one set had replaced wooferers with rotting surrounds. I thought that was a great buy.

I would not hesitate to spend $50-75 ish on a pair that you describe. anything under 50 is a steal, over a 100 would be too much

heres what I paid for some sansui speakers within the last year..

sp-x9700 $200 minty
    sp-x7700 130 minty
    sp-x6700 60 cosmetic wear and one blown mid
    sp-3700a $70 cosmetic wear but not too bad(was told all good, but found dead mids and a dead ambience horn..:thumbsdn:..try before you buy)
    sp-2500 $80 for 2 pairs very clean cabs, but 2x bad woofer surrounds

4. Lastplace

Lastplace AK Member

$25 -$35, Local thrift had a pair "close to mint" for $20 here. I have a set in the garage you can have.

5. Bstable

Bstable Super Member

Sp-2000 speakers

I got my dad's original pair from 1969, but the 6.5" mid on one was bad. I asked my brother to keep an eye out for a used pair (I did not want to spend a lot, and would have extra parts) In less than a month he found a WORKING PAIR for $8.

I recapped them, but really these are "okay" speakers at best. They are nice to look at. I have seen them go for next to nothing, and I have seen them go for $150+ pr. :scratch2: