1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui SR-525

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by FoolForARadio, Jan 29, 2010.

1. FoolForARadio

FoolForARadio AK Subscriber Subscriber

I picked up one of these yesterday. It's a heavy joker so it got my interest up. No headshell or cartridge, though. Is anyone familiar with this model? Any advice about the proper headshell/cartridge combo? I took the picture from the www, mine is a candidate for veneering and a good cleaning.

Attached Files:

2. Satch

Satch Audiotinkerer

I owned the 525 and was very pleased with it. It uses a standard headshell with SME-fit, so that should be easy to find. I partnered mine with an AT-95 cartridge, which sounded good, but I felt the Sansui also could do with a better, more expensive cartridge. Some basic information and a scan of the brochure can be found here.

3. sfox52

sfox52 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have the SR 717 with similar features. I've used a Grado Black, an Ortofon OM10, and a Denon DL-110 ( my favorite) on different headshells with nice results. I wish there was more info on the knife edge Sansui arms. Overhang & tracking force is all I know to check.