SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

At this point I would see if the unit makes audio, bring it up to 100 volts at the amp....
play it for ~ 10 min DO NOT ROCK THE HOUSE... YET
Set Bias & DC offset on 2507 #1

On the protect board pins 18 & 19 are the brick inputs
I ASSUME 18 is open, 19 should go back to the brick and you want to tie into that wire
OH are the lugs from the brick going to the big caps still disconnected?

Right now, the wires from the brick are still connected to the big caps.

At this point I would see if the unit makes audio, bring it up to 100 volts at the amp....
play it for ~ 10 min DO NOT ROCK THE HOUSE... YET
Set Bias & DC offset on 2507 #1

OK, I will go over right now to do this. You mean that I can't put Janis Joplin at full volume quite yet?

Nope no full throttle ANYTHING ( at this point ) .. I would keep it round 2~5 watts much more and the DBT will be your disco light..
Oh and set bias & DC offset with the amp @ idle

I do think it's helpful to monitor the brick outputs on a startup with your other 2507's so get a probe on that

And I will not get jealous of all these other Sansui CLASSIC bits that are falling in your lap.....
I will say if you have a need to clean house I'll send you my ship to address

At this point I would get 4 2507's working before moving to the next step...
THEN wire & install the left brick...test that all out,
Then we can move to UPDATE your 2507's and reg boards ( better semi's )
Then put the big ONSEMI's in your bricks ...

What a BUMMER!!!!!! Nothing is working. There is so much wrong it is going to be hard to tell you all of it. But no smoke. Connected a good cassette deck to it that I know works properly. NO MUSIC AT ALL. I did hear a little static from time to time. The bias started to act like I was going to be able to set it but then it just quit. Same thing with the speaker output. Nothing seems to work at all. After trying every thing I could think of like was the speaker switch to speakers A and it is and lots more things like that . i can't see anything that I missed. Then just before quitting to come over here to make a report I decided to see if the 1K signal was still getting thru from the RCA's to the 2513 and I had no signal ANYWHERE on the 2513. The Leader was 1K with .25 VAC out and got a signal off the cables to the scope UNTIL I plugged the cable into the back of the amp and then POOF, it was gone. I am going to stop here as I am sure you are wondering what happened to me. I was just trying everything to find out what the problem was to no avail. YOUR COURT NOW!

I sure wish right now that I had ONE 2507 that is working right and making music.

I totally agree with this plan once we start getting a 2507 working.

Ok we need to back up a step....( tomorrow )
1) remove the 2507 and see if you regain signal back on the out of the 2513
2) Do the wires on the bottom of the 2512 where the 2507 plugs into look molested
3) Did we loose any of the power supplies

And I will not get jealous of all these other Sansui CLASSIC bits that are falling in your lap.....
I will say if you have a need to clean house I'll send you my ship to address

It's funny you are saying that. I was thinking I would ask if you would like to have this basket case BA-2000. The price is right, FREE. I will NEVER get around to working on it. If you saw my shop Mike you would go nuts. I have shelf after shelf full of Ham gear and Audio equipment waiting for me to check out and work on. Due to my health I have started letting some of it go to the people I was going to will it to now. That way I can be sure that they get what I want them to have and it makes room for more goodies like this little Sansui tube amp and tuner. Let me know if you would like this BA-2000. I took a quick look at it today an my friend should NOT have worked on it. At least I know when I'm over my head and reach out for help. He actually thought he knew what he was doing but didn't have a clue at all about anything. Transistor in backwards and diodes too. Too much heat on his soldering iron when he was working on the boards, etc. It looks like everything is there but OH WHAT A MESS!!

4) Most people just change out the big caps, for the same reason all the little caps change out....
5) We need to verify we have +/- 65 on the front end..on the board of the 2507 AND +/- 68 on the bacl

Back
Top Bottom