Sanui AU-Alpha907 Limited - IN DA HOUSE!!!

I certainly is a gorgeous amp!!!

Some more photos - removed one of the amp module to check condition, everything looks almost new apart from a slight film of dust............ and a little bit of the dreaded Sansui glue - and although this is sparsely used there are stil a couple of components that have slight lad corrosion evident where the glue has touched them

Note the copper plates on either side of the output transistors

Nice Caps!!!

Note that the whole amp module is isolated from the chassis - these bushes are present on both ends of the module securing screws (they are visible on some of the other photos)

Two strips of vibration deadening material on the heat sink fins

The bottom plate removed

Copper Bottom plate - note the feet insulating/isolation material

The feet - i think that are solid copper - no wonder this amp weighs in at around 34kg

Had a brief listen tonight, a totally engaging sound, and just a fantastic example of Sansu's engineering/design skills that were exemplified in these later japanese domestic models

A unicorn sitting next to a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow...or a verified Yeti sighting. Most impressive. Impressions.....plz!

Last edited:
Sansui AU-Alpha 907limited it is 907 XR with weaker transformer and 12 Riken RMA more ... and twice as expensive ...

Attachments

• Unbenannt-Scannen-01.jpg
    Unbenannt-Scannen-01.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Am I reading this right, that cap is 10uF/50V?

If so, it is ridiculously large compared to a normal cap of the same specs.

This is the best of elna caps - wired with silk as isolator, and blue riken - precision carbon resistors

Last edited:
Skippy, that is simply beautiful. I have never seen anything like that. That's all I can say right now. As you know, I have a reputation to uphold.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Bubba57

There are some service manuals in that picture that we here have been dying to find a copy of for YEARS. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom