Sanyo Plus p55 preamp cheap sleeper, inside photos

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by stokedonlife, Feb 10, 2013.

1. stokedonlife

stokedonlife New Member

I like the the Sanyo Plus line. I have a couple of these pre's and the p55 amp, quite impressive, at $60 or less each unbeatable value. Here are some inside shots of the C55 Sanyo Preamp, dead quiet with volume turned all the way between tracks, rich vintage tone. Anybody have the amp or preamp?

Attached Files:

2. ryuuoh

ryuuoh FFXIV Summoner Subscriber

Looks like it has a discrete phono section. Good stuff.
  3. Zingem

Zingem New Member

I've got the set with T55 tuner. Love these. Very rich and warm sound. The Power amp gets really hot though!
  4. Raynald

Raynald AK Subscriber Subscriber

The 55 series falls under the category of "sleepers well known to AK members." I have had the C and P, great stuff apart from the cheap power switches.
  5. BrocLuno

BrocLuno AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sanyo Plus is nice stuff. Have fun :)
  6. wjcjr

wjcjr New Member

I'll second the kudos for the Sanyo plus line. I'm a tuner buff and have both the T55 and T35 and of the two, actually prefer the T35 by a significant amount. The T35 is pretty sensitive, has great sound and I'm such a kid at heart, being fascinated by the way the analog tuning dial lights also displays a digitial readout immediately below the analog pointer. Just nifty in my opinion.
  7. superdog

superdog AK Member Subscriber

I recently picked up the c55 pre.Passed on the matching tuner as I have no real need for another tuner.Waiting to audition hopefully with a Yamaha M60.
  8. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Member

The P55 Mosfet amp is the best piece of the Plus line. Dual transformers. Too bad the cosmetics of the amp are so BPC-like.