Saturday at the Fest

JHS2RT

and Miss Sasha
Subscriber
Well -- what a day Saturday was. I arrived at the fest around 10:00AM with a friend in tow who wanted to check out some Mac gear.
Everyone was so nice. I met Ms. Grumpy who was so nice and kept the check in line well organized and answered all of my questions. Turned around and met Mark W and off to the rooms I went and that is when the fun really started.
Everyone including the dealers were so friendly and helpful and would demonstrate their system any way you wanted to hear it. My friend brought one of his own CD's so we could hear the same songs on different systems.
I went into the Mac room where they had the new MC 2301 and I closed the door and said to the demo person -- Take it "Balls to the Wall". He did for a few seconds and WHEW !!!!
Room after room was a new adventure,some I went into twice.
Around noon I handed my Pioneer 1250 to Echowars (Glenn) for him to take back with him and "bring it to factory standards" or "Better". Talking with Glenn is another experience in itself. First and foremost a very friendly person who's knowledge of the Pioneer line and the electronics aspect just blew me away.
I wandered around some more and my aching feet told me it was time to leave.
Last but not least ---the hotel staff was very kind and helpful.
Mr. Grumpy ----- Sorry I did not get the chance to shake you hand and tell you face to face what a very fine job you did in getting this event underway.It was in my opinion a smashing event.
I'm sure I passed several members who I did not recognize but EVERYONE made each other feel at home and at ease. I will never forget the look on peoples faces when they would come out of a sound room.:tongue:
I just cannot wait until AK Fest 2009---Thanks to all.
James --- JHS2RT:thmbsp:

Great update james! From "Those who could not make it" thank you! Have a get time today. I thought for sure, they would have made ya'll wear name tags with your avatar on 'um, shiver's:D
Craig

Well ----We had name tags. But myself and a few others wrote their AK screen name below there name.
I'm sure when this winds down and everyone catchs their breath the pictures will overload the forums. One member posted some beautiful pictues in Photobucket---see another thread. But seeing this first hand is something that one should prepare for next year.
I am still reading all the literature I picked up............ James:nutz:

Great to meet you James...the 1250 made it back from Oz in one piece with no ruby slippers needed.

Back
Top Bottom