Saw Bauhaus Wednesday night

Johncan

Record collector
I went to see Bauhaus Wednesday night. :yes: They were opening for Nine Inch Nails. Bauhaus was excellent and I was surprised at how entertaining NIN's were. Bauhaus still has it and Peter Murphy is still very entertaining as a band leader. His voice sounded wonderful.

My only complaint was Bauhaus only played for 45 minutes and they did not play Ziggy Stardust. Bela Legosi's Dead was only 8 minutes long... I was hoping for longer.

At the end of Bauhuas' set, the 23 year old sitting next to me said he had never heard of them and asked if they were a new band. I laughed and explained who they were. He said, "so they have been around longer than Nine Inch Nails?" :bat:

They played at an outdoor venue. I must say it was very strange watching Bauhaus play in the sunlight. I was expecting to see lots more women in leather, vinyl, and corsets. :naughty: But, I think it being an outdoor venue in Atlanta, that is was too hot for that.

John

Sounds like a blast John. I was a big Bauhaus fan many years ago but never saw them live and somehow thought they where long gone.

Bela Legosi's dead is a great song - you just set which LP is at the top of my listen list for this evening.

Hi

I love Bauhaus since decades... they should have been the main act :)

do they ever tour europe?

Helge

Sounds like fun, I didn't know they were touring this summer. I'll have to keep a watch for them in my my area. I was listening to Peter Murphy's Cuts You Up on one of my home made compilation CD's this morning on the way to work. :music:

Dynacophil said:
do they ever tour europe?
08/07 - London Forum in London, UK
08/08 - London Forum in London, UK
08/09 - Lokerse Feesten in Lokeren, Belgium
08/10 - Music Centrum Vredenberg in Utrecht, Holland
08/12 - M'era Luna Festival in Hildesheim, Germany
08/14 - Lignano Rock Festival in Lignano, Italy
08/17 - Paredes De Coura Festival in Paredes De Coura, Portugal

Duffinator said:
Sounds like fun, I didn't know they were touring this summer. I'll have to keep a watch for them in my my area. I was listening to Peter Murphy's Cuts You Up on one of my home made compilation CD's this morning on the way to work. :music:

They just blew through here recently...

BTW -
07/07 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, CA
07/08 - Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA

theodoric said:
08/12 - M'era Luna Festival in Hildesheim, Germany
08/14 - Lignano Rock Festival in Lignano, Italy

cool... Lignano.... italy in August would be cool, ferragosto weekend, party anywhere and a concert on top....

Helge

Saw them a few years ago at the State Theater in Detroit. 2 hour set, extended versions of Bela and In the Flat Fields. A truly outstanding show. All the goths came out of the woodwork, lots of leather.

X

was such a fan in late high school that i painted their logo on the griptape of my skateboard. fellow skaters thought it was stupid (bauhaus weren't punk enough)

Back
Top Bottom