Scariest movie you ever saw! Mine was

passion4audio

"I love Daddy's TL's!"
(if memory serves - as this was when I was a young kid - and THAT may have been a factor on how scary I perceived it) an old black and white - I can't recall the name, but if someone knows...

One scene:

A man (doctor?) was sitting in a wooden chair in the middle of a room and he had this very large and grotesque "death smile" on his face. Can't remember much else as I had nightmares about this for several years. Maybe he was dying and he had his family around - all "after" the large inheritance? Sorry for the very fuzzy details.

What is your "scariest movie"?

The only thing I can think of that's similar is "The Legacy" - 1978. It stars Katherine Ross, Sam Elliott, and Roger Daltrey. It's the story of a young woman who "inherits" the wealth and demonic power of a family she hadn't even realized she was a part of.

It's been years since I've seen it, but IIRC the patriarch of the family lies, half sitting up up in bed and hooked to a very loud respirator, for the greater part of the film, and I don't believe the audience sees his face until the very end of the flick. I was about 15 -16 when I first saw it, and recall being pretty scared at the time. Dunno if this is it, but hope it helps...

Edit; Oh yeah, probably The Exorcist, at least the first time I saw it.

Well, for long term heebie jeebies it has to be The Exorcist...

I saw it when i lived in Argentina...I was alone (folks out town) in a huge 9th and 10th flr duplex apt....I came home and had to ride the creepy elevator..slept with every light on for 3 nights...

The Birds" age about 9-10 Dad didn't help telling me when to hide under the covers just made it worse"!

The first Alien movie. I went the first week it opened with no pre-warning that it was a scary movie. I thought I was just going to see a cool Si-Fi movie. Just about lost my cookies when that thing jumped out of his chest :sigh:

Lefty

Probably Jaws, I still WILL NOT SWIM IN THE OCEAN, ANY OCEAN Since I saw this movie as a child. I actually get a little freaked out when I am out in deep water where I can't see the bottom in LAKES even. I start hearing that damm music in my head even though I know there is no way a shark can get me I still can't shake the fear that something is gonna eat me :yikes:

Second place goes to the Exorcist, nightmares for weeks after seeing that one.

Born and raised Catholic, the Exorcist scared the living shit outta me... I haven't watched since I saw it in a theater when it first came out!

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things. A low budget zombie movie from the early 70s. I was about 10, and couldn't make it through the entire movie.

B00000IO3R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Has to be "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" with Bette Davis.

It was 40 years ago when I was in high school and I still remember how I nearly wet my pants so it must be the scariest I've seen. I'm sure one reason it got to me was I had no idea it was a scary movie when I went to see it. No time to prepare. :sigh:

Terry

Passion4audio, the movie you mention might have been The Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus, or something like that title. For me, the scariest movie was the original Dracula in balck & white with Bela Legosi. I saw it when I was very young & made my mom buy a crucifix to hang over my bed to keep vampires away.

1968 version of "Night of the Living Dead". Stumbled on to part of it in college, had to walk thru this big parking lot on the way back to the dorm, them damn ghouls were comin' after me about every second car. Was in WFO run by the time I got to the dorm. I knew nothing about that damn flick B4 that nite, yeah sure its stupid as all get out, but I was still terrified.-Sandy G.

13 years old when my folks took me to see "Jaws". Scared the crap out of me, I guess because it was something that could be real. Monsters don't usually scare me much. However, when I was 8 or 9, we saw "The Legend of Boggy Creek" at the drive-in. We had just moved out in the country (thick woods rural Arkansas) a couple of years before, and after that movie some local teenagers making out at the gravel pit swore they saw a "bigfoot" and someone else saw it crossing the highway nearby. Those two sightings put it right through our woods. We spent the whole summer scarred out of our wits to set foot in the woods!

Another one that "did it" was "The Evil Dead". Went to see it primarily 'cause it was filmed near here, over near Newport, Tennessee, Was OK until they stuck a pencil into a guy's ankle & you heard it go crunch, crunch, crunch...There were 4 or 5 of us watching it, we all bolted at that point. Not so scary, but just "JEEZ !"...-Sandy G.

"the birds" i saw this when i was 8 or 9.the worst part was that my room was in the basement!worse still my door was a pair of old saloon style swinging doors.not good for keeping monsters out!the third strike was a mouse in the wall.i knew the mouse was there but that night it was 100 seagulls trying to get through my wall! i lay in bed sweating,and afraid to move for the longest time before i went to sleep.thankfully ive never been that afraid since.

Back
Top Bottom