Schiit Modi Multibit

Only at 176.4 and 192 kHz input signal, everything else gets upsampled to those frequencies.
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks!!
As far as info soley NOS, I recommend Headfi, lot's of good threads. I'm not going to start one @ Ak, as it's pretty much already covered there.
Again sorry for upsetting anyone, I thought it was good info...myself I don't mind alternate observations, as long as they aren't trashing.
I guess thinking beyond the box is troubling to some, my apologies.
I have gotten some pretty good ideas from those thoughts.
http://www.audioholics.com/audio-technologies/upsampling-vs-oversampling-for-digital-audio

Last edited:
Ok, well I'm sorry you don't like, or agree with my observations. That's your issue. System compatibility is important. As well as what type of sound your looking for. Sorry you disagree. Unlike you saying something was wrong with my ears, or system earlier, and adding nothing constructive.
And as I mentioned, those that what to make a controversy out of nothing, with those that simply don't agree with them, with nothing constructive to add, except trashing, and labeling. And that's clearly what you want to do. Look at the almost obsessive way you were responding the last time. "STOP AUTOMOJO", and other weird stuff. "Don't think for a moment my behavior isn't noticeable" Really?
Good luck with that! I have no more need to answer to your psychopathic baiting, "your crusade". Might want to try looking in the mirror before labeling someone else obsessive....

It’s not that I don’t like your observations, it’s that you obsessively repeat the same results dozens of times in Schiit threads. You always find fault with the Schiit model in comparison to whatever else and you keep repeating yourself.

What people do when they find some product they like is join or start a thread on that product. You, on the other hand, hang out in Schiit threads to bash Schiit. So maybe you could share what they did to you. What was so grievous that you said, “that’s it, I’m going online to stir up some Schiit!”

BTW, it wasn’t me that was saying “stop auto mojo”, that must have been some other observant poster hoping you’d get the hint. I once told you to get off your soap box, and I see you still enjoy using it.

And if I was obsessive about you then I’d address your Schiit stalking more than every few months, unlike your continual posting in this thread for instance. What’s your post count in the last 2 pages, 16 posts? Half of the content from a single poster?

It’s time to let it go, dude. Start a thread on the stuff you like instead of continually crapping in this one.

Hey, is anyone connecting a smart phone to the Modi, and how are you going about it?

I’ve got my iPhone going to the Bifrost with a camera adapter cable, but at time it sounds a bit harsh/bright.

Are you using a player that can send bit-perfect out to USB? Mobile phones are notorious for resampling digital format to the maximum frequency, limited by the DAC or phone capabilities. If iPhone resamples to the max sampling frequency supported by the Bifrost you're effectively bypassing the touted Schiit digital filter and the DAC runs as NOS.

I’ll have to look into that, I had been using a pure i20 dock for an old iphone that I was using for music. It was a digital feed to the Bifrost using either coax or optical.

For the first time I’m trying USB with my newer old iPhone 6. I’ve avoided USB because of the various drawbacks. It doesn’t sound as good as with the dock at this point, guess I better head over to headfi.org or something.

Well, if being a "crusader" as you call it, is the alternative to being a boxed in rube like yourself, I'll choose the former. 10 years ago when I joined AK, it seemed to have freed itself from those who take offense to free flow of opinions and ideas. But then that's the current flavor of the day, and doesn't really surprise me.

Last edited:
I’ll have to look into that, I had been using a pure i20 dock for an old iphone that I was using for music. It was a digital feed to the Bifrost using either coax or optical.

For the first time I’m trying USB with my newer old iPhone 6. I’ve avoided USB because of the various drawbacks. It doesn’t sound as good as with the dock at this point, guess I better head over to headfi.org or something.

Okay, after a few days, things sound much better, though I'm not sure why. It may just be that my initial impressions of the iphone with USB/camera kit were off. I later compared it directly with the old pure i20, a/bing between the two sources using the same tracks, and could not hear a difference.

I do prefer using the USB because of simplicity though. I have a remote that controls apple products and can skip songs, etc., and use this with the newer phone. I still am curious as to whether the Audioquest Jitterbug would give any gains. Another thing, with the Schiit dac, I can use the phone without external power on the phone. When I connect it to my Parasound P5, the phone gives a message that too much power is required and I need to plug the phone in. So another thumbs up for whatever Schiit has done here.

I received my modi multi Saturday and am loving it. I never realized there was so much more music in the music.

I'm old and low tech (with old equipment) but it makes my re capped Norman 8's sound amazing!

I also want to thank the person who mentioned Radio Swiss Jazz (I think it was on this thread.). Good stuff!

Before, I could tell the difference between good and poor quality recordings. Now, that difference is HUGE! Poor quality is still poor quality. I just didn't realize it as much before.
Going to have to increase my stock of quality CD's. To quote an old truism "A luxury, once enjoyed, becomes a necessity".

Yep, it's quite surprising how much detail is actually in decent quality recordings, and you don't need top of the line speakers to hear this.

OK, I finally pulled the trigger and my ModiMulti arrived last night. Feeding it optically via toslink. It sounded fine right away but I'm putting 8 hours of bits through it right now.
I looked at a number of R2R DACs before pulling the trigger and I have to admit my decision was 50% based on price. I also did not want to order from China or Holland and have to pay international shipping. I would have loved a Metrum but at $1,000 I'm just not good enough.
I've replaced an Assemblage in my system and previously used a Maverick. The Schiit sounds similar to the Assemblage although more refined, although just as "warm" as the tubed Maverick.
Going to do some more serious listening tonight, especially with vocals. Haven't really listened to any rock 'n roll through it yet. Should be interesting!
Thanks everyone, for all the interesting and unique takes and discussion on this particular HiFi path ....

Before, I could tell the difference between good and poor quality recordings. Now, that difference is HUGE! Poor quality is still poor quality. I just didn't realize it as much before.
Going to have to increase my stock of quality CD's. To quote an old truism "A luxury, once enjoyed, becomes a necessity".

Forgot to ask you, did it sound great right out of the box? Someone said it needs burn in. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom