Scope of New Technologies ...

Walt

As forum moderator, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to outline the subject matter which qualifies as "New Technologies" ...

Essentially, I see new technologies as encompassing anything related to audio, or associated interests which does not fall within the catagories of "vintage", "speakers", "home theater", or "tubes".

This is the place you can discuss your new PC-based audio setup, or any particular issues you have with your PC (no need to post in "Off Topic"). This includes problems you may be having with your PC.

Of course this also includes MP3's (maybe you have discovered a neat new encoding program you would like to share ...).

As far as the PC is concerned, I would like to think this forum would have a body of knowledge so that new users could find information on how to set-up, build, and find software for that HTPC.

Or we could talk about the emerging technologies of SACD, DVD-A, or Blu-Ray. Or we could discuss the merits of DD vs DTS, and what lies in the future.

Or we could talk about the convergence of technology, and changes in the market.

So don't be shy - if you think it falls into any of these catagories, post and you shall be answered!

Welcome all ...

:)

then where do we talk about our new amps, DACs, CD players, turntables, and preamps or new cables? where do they fit? confused but what else is new:dunno:

Can I talk about the new earphones I got for the radio powered by the mini turbine that touches the tire if my immobile exersize bike? I don't have an exersize bike. I actually know nothing of the very new techs. I have never listened to a MP3. I don't trust the soundboard of my puter to give me good sound. What do I need to get clutter free jazz on my puter that would make me want to use it as a source into my computer room gear over my tuner and dic player? I am not a gamer so I have nothing that wasn't stock on the puter when it was bought around 18 mo ago. 3 gig,256 ram and the usual stuff.
Thatch

Thatch what you need for great sound from your PC is an M-Audio sound card and the soon to be released tubed motherboard from Aopen. Neither of these hardware devices is cheap though if audio quality is the goal then there worth it.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom