seeking feedback on IKEA's Kallax wall anchor hardware and vinyl storage

nacho220

I am hoping to get some feedback on the IKEA Kallax 5x5 unit and the wall anchor hardware. I have two 4x2 units filled up with my records but I recently aquired a 5x5 unit and would like to move my records into that. The bottom molding doesn't allow the 5x5 unit to sit flush with the wall and I was unsure about using the wall anchor hardware to secure it to the wall since essentially I'd be pushing the top portion against the wall because it isn't sitting flush. I'd feel better about using the wall anchor hardware but if it isn't advisable the way its positioned then I hope I can get some feedback with some other ideas or options.

Additionally, the wall the 5x5 is up against is the wall I'd like for it to be on (all the walls have the bottom molding so I'd run into the above situation on any wall)... but it is not an outside wall and is shared with the room next to it. So in the other room, on the other side of the wall is a filled 1500 capacity CD shelf. I am thinking about weight limits for construction and weight distribution if I were to keep the 5x5 unit on the other side of the wall with the CD shelf. Does anybody know what kind of weight limits there are for second floor construction? I did do some searching online and I came up with some information about 240lbs per square foot or something like that. Not sure how accurate that is or if there is anything else I should consider. Also not sure what the ultimate weight would be with a full 5x5 Kallax / 1500 CD shelf against either side of a wall.

I'd like to post some pictures if that helps with any discussion on this topic. Thanks so much in advance!

Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%2010%2055%2008%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2013%2C%2010%2012%2053%20PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom