Seeking suggestion for Chinese 6P3P kit mods

PCKIDZ

I dusted off my soldering iron and put together a Chinese kit. The performance is quite satisfactory - high clarity and acceptable motor boat hum (when not playing) - it also looks pretty good! The quality is good overall though the connector sockets could have been better quality at that price point.

I saw a few discussions on mods but none to specific (I am new to tubes) to 6P3P. I have now ordered a set of EL34's to replace the 6P3P's and looking for suggestions to induct the new tubes and also make some tweaks into the amp. I found some specific suggestions here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135861.0 but the original circuit seems to be much different from mine.

Any suggestions on tweaks I could do on my original circuit?

Attachments

• 6P3P.jpg
    6P3P.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
"...acceptable motor boat hum." If your amp is making a put put, motor boat sound, that indicates an oscillation which is bad. Oscillations eat power and will eventually lead to other problems and not to mention will effect sound quality.
I won't comment on the other questions as philosophically i am totally against supporting Chinese manufacturing, for their, past and continuing habits of flooding markets with cheap and poor quality goods to obtain a marketplace monopoly. Resulting in loss of jobs with local industries. Not to mention environmental and human rights issues (of which we are only slightly better, but at least we were trying until you know WHO got "elected"). Speaking of which, you know "who" was suppose to put China in its place but has now totally backed off that issue. It was the one area where i would have accepted all of his nonsense if he were to really level the playing field with manufacturing and jobs vs China. Wow, i was totally surprised with that about face. NOT!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom