Seems so simple

Locobreth

I recently purchased a beautiful rs-2007. Not thinking I hurried to set it up. As I pushed the tab to insert the wire it snapped. I have run into this before so I should have known. I do not have a replacement and cant find one .I thought about "borrowing" one from another receiver but the two other fishers I have are post type. The 2007 has speaker a and b right over/under each other then the same but left the next. Anyone know where I can get 1 or more?

Which one snapped?? one of the + or the -negative/common. If it is the common, all the commons are tied together, so you can even parallel 1 or 2. But as far as replacement, I found a bunch of speaker connectors like that on ebay. Different designs, and configurations. You will need to look and see if you can find a match.

This one I am picturing is an 8 conductor speaker connector for 4 speakers. It is usually meant to install to a ckt board, but that can always be modified. This on has all the Reds on top and all the blacks on the bottom with mounting holes on each side. They can be, and I have dismantled them so that I can move the red and black buttons around. I got these on ebay a year ago, but they seem to be still available

4 way spkr jack.jpg

8 jack connector.jpg

So I figured I would do a swap. How does it look now??
Modified jacks.jpg

Or others available on ebay

4 Position Push/Release Spring Loaded Audio Jack Speaker Terminal USA SELLER
8 Position Speaker Terminal Push Release RadioShack New
8pcs Red Black 4 Position Spring Loaded Wire Clip Speaker Terminal Board Socket
2Pcs 64x40x20mm 8 Positions Push in Jack Spring Load Speaker Terminals F3N9

Which one snapped?? one of the + or the -negative/common. If it is the common, all the commons are tied together, so you can even parallel 1 or 2. But as far as replacement, I found a bunch of speaker connectors like that on ebay. Different designs, and configurations. You will need to look and see if you can find a match.
Thank you. It was on top so I believe it's positive. I think there are 4 separate positive and neg .I was just gonna replace all 4 if I can get them amd a cpl xtra. Do you think it may be a problem to change it to post type?

Back
Top Bottom