• Yes

Votes: 51 14.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 44 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 265 73.6%

• Total voters
Could have been a lot more .

Here is an excellent Bloomberg artilcle with plenty of statistics and what to expect with the adoption of self-driving technology. In short, self-drivers have not logged enough miles to make a meaningful comparison with human drivers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/ar...s-need-for-collaboration-in-self-driving-cars

At the very least, self driving cars will drastically reduce drunk driving accidents which could potentially save 10,000 lives a year in the United States.

At the very least, self driving cars will drastically reduce drunk driving accidents which could potentially save 10,000 lives a year in the United States.
It makes death more random. Since I don't do a lot of drunk driving it's not that attractive an option.

There is video evidence that the victim stepped in front of the vehicle outside of a cross walk. It may not be the fault of the machines. Whatever the case may be, I'm too old school to trust the machines.
I used to hit a lot of deer until I began to anticipate them and study the road side. Ditto urban driving (study that is - I never hit anybody).

It makes death more random. Since I don't do a lot of drunk driving it's not that attractive an option.
Since it's usually the person that gets hit by the drunk driver that dies, it should. Drunk drivers like to blow lights, it's the center punched vehicle that suffers the casualties.

Sunday drives , anyone?
lead_large.jpg

Self driving cars will be programmed to always yield. I look forward to the day when there's a whole bunch of them on the road. I won't ever buy one but their presence will definitely cut down my commute time.

Self driving cars will be programmed to always yield. I look forward to the day when there's a whole bunch of them on the road. I won't ever buy one but their presence will definitely cut down my commute time.
Teen showoffs will step off the sidewalk for laughs and watch them magically stop. The guy behind the "wheel" will look like a fool and might find himself without wallet, car, and maybe worse.

Since it's usually the person that gets hit by the drunk driver that dies, it should. Drunk drivers like to blow lights, it's the center punched vehicle that suffers the casualties.
If somebody's gonna blow a light I don't want to have to depend on my "smart" car to anticipate, interpret, and react properly.

Teen showoffs will step off the sidewalk for laughs and watch them magically stop. The guy behind the "wheel" will look like a fool and might find himself without wallet, car, and maybe worse.
Better than eating tide pods I guess..

Back
Top Bottom