Sencore PS148A oscilliscope/vectorscope...

Dont have any Donna Summer ,, or FZ handy..... But here's some Floyd!!!
I wanted to do this in colour via hacking a video game box with audio inputs, but it never happened. There may have been a gimballed mirror effects projector at one time that did this on a large scale, dunno about colour/tone tracking.

HA,,, I'm gonna feed it some square waves, and see what it can do...No more fun time, its gotta earn its keep!!!!

Now,,, I got a 32" CRT tv I moved to another room, and it stopped seeing any inputs,,, that may be a candidate for for video displays, if I can sort it out...

HA,,, I'm gonna feed it some square waves, and see what it can do...No more fun time, its gotta earn its keep!!!!

Now,,, I got a 32" CRT tv I moved to another room, and it stopped seeing any inputs,,, that may be a candidate for for video displays, if I can sort it out...

It is not overly difficult to turn a CRT TV into an X/Y display, BUT, one must pay attention to the voltages present in the TV.

Driving the vertical winding of the deflection yoke is easy, but some TVs do not like to have the horizontal windings disconnected.

Well... I'd much rather getting the TV working again,,, Carried it to a B/R when I had help, hooked it up and no inputs seem to work,,, not sure if its a software problem,, or maybe the board flexed/cracked carrying it,,, still gets a full, clear screen from onboard source(menu, settings etc),,, but no external jacks work.... can't find a manual for it...

Well... I'd much rather getting the TV working again,,, Carried it to a B/R when I had help, hooked it up and no inputs seem to work,,, not sure if its a software problem,, or maybe the board flexed/cracked carrying it,,, still gets a full, clear screen from onboard source(menu, settings etc),,, but no external jacks work.... can't find a manual for it...
If you google the model , there is a way to get it into service mode, to do a factory reset (sometimes accessible in the regular menus) That would be my first thing to try.

Trying to feed the scope square waves, from a home-made SG I picked up a while ago,,, These aren't perfect but are what I can get with the scope set at 500HZ... The SG controls weren't labeled, I identified them as well as possible, but maybe not accurate... Is there a way I can correct the SqWaves? I'm assuming there is not unless a known accurately calibrated SG and scope is used... Or can I just run these waves thru an amp, and see if the they change shape?
Pretty green at using scopes,, SG, etc... The visuals are nice, but want to learn how to check an amp for distortion,, Freq response,, FB adjustment etc...
Thanks...

Attachments

• P2240076.JPG
    P2240076.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P2240078.JPG
    P2240078.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 12
Need to know if the output of the generator is properly square first. If thats not right, the scope can't display it. X10 probes have a compensating cap to tweak the tilt of the square waves. If its just cable, it might simply be a cable capacitance issue.

Distortion needs a distortion measurement. Frequency response needs a good generator and some accurate way of measuring output. Honestly I use a voltmeter, its just easier for me. Needs to be a meter with good wide response. Since my fancy super-duper HP digital barfed on me, I've actually been using the old RCA VTVM or the voltmeter in the distortion meter since its wide band and reasonably accurate.

Its just cable,., Maybe I'm not cut out to be a scope guy,,, I learn best by watching someone do tasks, seem to pick it up quickly that way... That old Ballentine meter I picked up is pretty accurate down to .01VAC... maybe I should concentrate on that...

Back
Top Bottom