Sendust room

sendust

Music feeds the soul
Hi fellow music lovers, the house that i live in has concrete floors, steel framing with screen and plaster on ceilings and steel and plaster on all walls. When i first set up my system i found the sound was very tinny sounding even though i had added carpet and some softer materials in the room. Through research i found that the main problem was the sound was travelling into the ceiling and wall and reflecting of the concrete and steel to give this distortion of sound. To improve acoustics i installed egg crate on the ceiling as per the first photo, then i built sound absorbers using 3/8 plywood, 2inch rigid fibreglass using a spacer to allow for 1 inch air space and strategically placing these panels in the room. My sound is amazing and i am happy to say, this took care of all my problems. 100_2091.jpg

100_2086.jpg

100_2090.jpg

100_2087.jpg

100_2089.jpg

Did the same thing to my basement room when I was 12 even down to the black light. Nothing has change in 49 years, experimenting and failing all leads to the roads ahead. Nice job on you room!

Back
Top Bottom