Set up help

Davie81

Due to changing the music room to a smaller room in the house, I'm not sure about the best way to set my audio equipment up. At present, my turntable sits on a stand along surface with the amp/cd and speakers all next to each other on a chest of drawers right next to the turntable.

The new room will have an ikea kallax unit and I'm wondering if it's ok to have all the equipment on the same surface? Due to turning the existing room into a nursery, the volume wont be getting cranked pretty high.

I can get another unit for the turntable but i'll be struggling for space to fit the speakers on separate units too so is it ok having the speakers next to the amp/cd deck?

Next to amp/cd deck should be fine.
You don't want the turntable picking up vibrations from the speakers, maybe use some sort of isolation devices under the turntable or put the turntable on a different surface from the one the speakers are on.

You mentioned you won't be cranking it up much. Give it a try and let us know how you make out. Also, post a pic of the new setup in case we need to help troubleshoot. Best of luck and congrats of the new baby!

Back
Top Bottom